Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Second Hand Rav4

podwin

Hello Everyone,

Just joined the forum hoping to gain some advice on a RAV 4

We are interested in a 1998 5 door VX. We went to see it yesterday and it looks very nice.

The only things I could see wrong is that the Air-con didn't seem to be working and there was no jack.

Also, when we came away I realised I had forgotten to ask about the cambelt. The car has done 57,100 miles. Does it need changing soon and what is likely to be wrong with the air-con?

Thanks

Martin

podwin,

The cam belt needs changing at 60k, so I would get them to do it before you buy as a sweetner for your purchase :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Also the air con may need re-gassing but get this checked, if the comp is knackered thats can be ££££££

Is the VX a Petrol Or Diesel.......

O and welcome to TOC.......

podwin,

The cam belt needs changing at 60k, so I would get them to do it before you buy as a sweetner for your purchase :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Also the air con may need re-gassing but get this checked, if the comp is knackered thats can be ££££££

Is the VX a Petrol Or Diesel.......

O and welcome to TOC.......

The vendor didn't want to move on price much as he has already reduced it to clear, and we agreed on £3,950, which is below book, with 57k on the clock it should be more like £4,500, so hopefully this saving will help pay for any bills.

The car is mint in every other respect.

Its a 2.0 ltr petrol btw

Cheers!