Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Carina Central Locking Problem

SMW

94 Carina 1.6 GLI saloon (UK).

The central locking works fine if I lock all the doors inside the car by moving the lock switch over or pressing the door lock button. All is well with the remote in use as well however . .

If I use the key in the door there is a 3 second delay between the key being turned and the locks activating or deactivating (if unlocking obviously).

Three points - probably unconnected but might be relevant (?)

1. Electric windows stopped going 'up' about 6 months ago i.e. only go down

2. Door locks freeze really easily in the winter - soon as even a slight frost I have to use the remote to lock / unlock

3. Car just serviced

Ideas ?

sounds like the switch on the drivers side lock barrel

common prob on most central locking systems.

:thumbsup:

Hi Chaps............I'm not sure if this is the right thread to leave my problem with, but some of you seem to have similar shaped cars cars (yes, thats what it's come to). But, I'm having a tw*t of a time starting my K reg Carina 1.6 Gli, I'm almost certain the problem is electrical, co's when it does start there's no further problem.

When you turn the key it just clicks away (about 20 time or sometimes first time!?) until it eventually starts. Then runs fine.

It's driving me nuts.....solenoids and ignition starter switches have been mentioned but i'm still in the dark.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Nice one.

Hi Chaps............I'm not sure if this is the right thread to leave my problem with, but some of you seem to have similar shaped cars cars (yes, thats what it's come to). But, I'm having a tw*t of a time starting my K reg Carina 1.6 Gli, I'm almost certain the problem is electrical, co's when it does start there's no further problem.

When you turn the key it just clicks away (about 20 time or sometimes first time!?) until it eventually starts. Then runs fine.

It's driving me nuts.....solenoids and ignition starter switches have been mentioned but i'm still in the dark.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Nice one.

Try pumping the accelerator 3 or 4 times before turning the engine over....

• 2 weeks later...
Hey SMW.. just trade it for the IS... that'll solve the problem ;)

I'm ahead of you on that one ;)

Think it will help if I describe it as a Lexus Carina ? :lol: