Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Standard Amp

Anyone know where the amp is hidden? :huh: Need to install my new one. :D Putting in a 12" sub behind each seat. should churn your stomach a bit... great :P

(No idea if you need my car details, but its a '93 Jap import)

You should find two amps - one main amp anf one amp for the subs. They are located behind the plastic panel, behind the drivers door - the panel between the drivers door and the engine compartment. Pull this off (carefully and you should see the amps.

Phew! So glad i don't have to try to follow the wires or re-wire the whole thing now :P

hrm.. well smeg. :unsure: Can anyone think of anywhere i can hide an amp? its fairly big is the problem.. :huh:

Have seen a lot of perople remove the spare wheel and put the amps in the front and run the cables back into the compartment...

Or you could install the Amp in the boot, Baulkhead in the way though, and you risk picking up noise from the engine bay - in fact scrap that idea, it was stoopid :huh: - You could put a CD changer there, as long as it connects digitally.....

I've got an amp behind each seat .. where the grilles are for the "subs" ..

But then I have a 10" JLAudio sub behind each seat :D

I'm in the process of trying to custom fit the 2 12" JL Audio subs behind each seat. still not sure where I’m going to hide the amps.. :huh:

The bonnet is starting to look more of an option. I'm looking at customising the glove box or removing it entirely to fit the CD changer there. (don't really want to have to get the dash reupholstered though..)

10" subs are hard to fit behind seats, 12's would be mad.

I'm thinking of putting a VCR and Xbox under the boot .. then I'm binning the vents above the head unit to put in a telly.

I installed my Alpine head unit today.... what a f*cker !

I knew the dash had to come off ( thanks to Jappybeast ).. but bluddy hell...

I finally tracked down the connector I needed to connect the head unit, and also got the Facia thingy for it.

First of all the facia adapter for the head unit fits like a piece of :censor: . No screw holes in it to hold the stereo in place, so I had to drill my own.. obviously they were't exact, so I had to drill and drill again.

After that I found that the dash is a f*cker to get to fit over the facia adpater. Finally I got the thing all done ( the headunit stickes out slightly on the left, but I gave up trying to get it exact )....

( now the point to my post.. ) I switched the bugger on... and... aaaaw. To my dissapointment I think the standard subs and Speakers are **** !

So... I'm alo looking into getting some amps/subs etc... could you fit subs where the existing ones are ? I've also seen a pic of a MR2 with an amp in the middle of the two seats where the cubby stoorage box thing is. Also what speaker sizes are the existing ones ??

I think the rear Speakers are absolute trollocks ! I put the stereo to rear fade and they are crap... just there and no more...

anyway.. that's enough of my rambling.

Best thing to do is get custom boxes that sit on top of the "subs" behind each seat. you could fit 6x9's in the sub boxes, but don't bother.

Now the problem, cause you are so close to the Speakers they need to be VERY high quality (and therfore cost). But you don't need them to be mega big.

You'll not have the Bass of the Nova kid with one 15" sh1te sub. But you p1ss on the stock setup. Forget the shoulder mounted mids, disconnect them. Get a set of 5 1/4" components (Focal do a slim line that fit straight in) or 6" with MDF spacers.

Then get a good amp. You can get one to runn the whole lot, or two, one for the subs and one for the components.

I'm at this point now. Got to get a TV and Xbox into the car now.

mines a hard top so i don't have to worry about that :D although a T-Bar would be nice..

I'm kinda taking my ice design from a.. (can i bring myself to say it??) ..nova (cringe) She set hers up to have awsome sound in it. she has 2 6x9's in the equivilant place of the shoulders, and 2 (don't recall what size) door Speakers per side. ..oh and 2 12" subs. although the MR2 has less space, her car was also 2 seater (after she ripped the back seats out in favour of a roll cage.)

Not sure on the 6x9's in that place in my car though.. seams a little like over kill, plus i don't think it'd be right in an MR2..

The Sub boxes can be designed so the edge of the T-bar sits on top of the box, and the glass slides over the front of the sub.

You will have trouble getting the seats back if you fit 12"subs trust me i know

im in the process of making the boxes for 2 8" JLsubs.

the bonet is the best place for the amp's it will save you a lot of time wireing.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links