Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dvla....

Jamesb4uk

Morning all,

Got pulled in the Celica last night - had a rear brake light out :rolleyes:

but they also ran my plates & it returned the previous owner as the current owner :unsure:

The place where i bought it from received the standard DVLA reply saying thanks for informing them - but as of yet i still have had no documents through - i bought the Celica on the 19th of last month...

Is there anyway of chasing the DVLA for the documents?

J

I had a similar problem when I bought mine, I sent a letter to the DVLA, and got a form back around 10 days later to fill in, they then send you the docs :thumbsup:

HTH

Indeed, also if you bung em a fiver you can ask for copies of all documentation they have on file for your car. So names and addresses of all previous owners, registration documents from when the car was brand new etc ;) Not many people know this, provides a nice bit of history to go with the car B)

Quote from DVLA Guidance Notes

" If you do not receive the certificate(of registration) within 6 weeks please contact the Customer Enquiries Group on 0870 240 0010"

You should have been given the section 10 of the previous registration certificate by the previous owner which is valid for 2 months from the date of sale.

Hiya

You should of had the green part from the log book to actually say that the car is yours.

When i brought my Celi April last year, it took nearly 4 months for me to get my log book as the lad i brought it off didn't return the log book so i had all sorts of problems trying to prove that the car was mine, i had to sent them the green part of the log book, just to get a new one.

Ring them and tell them that you have not had your documentation, they should send you one within a couple of weeks.

Cool cheers everyone,

yep luckily i had the V5C with me in the car when i was pulled over.

Thansk for the advice - will give them a call tomorrow :thumbsup:

J