Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Push Start Buttons

manphibian

I was thinking of putting one of these in, I KNOW it's totally gimmicky but i don't care :lol:

I was just wondering... does having a start button make the car easier to steal? I know you need the key in and all that, but is it maybe easier to turn the ignition to the on position with a screwdriver then press the button, than it would be to fully turn the ignition? :unsure:

If that makes sense :huh:

I was thinking of putting one of these in, I KNOW it's totally gimmicky but i don't care :lol:

I was just wondering... does having a start button make the car easier to steal? I know you need the key in and all that, but is it maybe easier to turn the ignition to the on position with a screwdriver then press the button, than it would be to fully turn the ignition? :unsure:

If that makes sense :huh:

:rolleyes: No not really

:thumbsup::lol:

:lol: No idea - never thought about it , i very much doubt it but then again its not something i would consider putting in my car .

It would make it easier for somebody to find/access wiring to hot wire the car but with the immobiliser armed I wouldn't worry at all. I would do the same if you still didn't need to put the key in and turn it, seems pointless untill you find a way to remove the key all together.

It would make it easier for somebody to find/access wiring to hot wire the car but with the immobiliser armed I wouldn't worry at all. I would do the same if you still didn't need to put the key in and turn it, seems pointless untill you find a way to remove the key all together.

O yeah, you're right, it is completely pointless :D

but they're only 15 quid on eBay and I just REALLY wanna start my engine with a button. I'll probably use it about five times then get bored so i'll keep the option of starting it with the key also,

Plus it'll look a bit fancy when i've got a chick in the car :lol:

We spent 33 quid on eBay (plus 150 to have it fitted) and now can start the car with the remote before getting into the car.

Complete gimmick, but the local brats love our "magic" car that starts when they ask :)

Must admit, i'd like one of those, but proper job that would no longer require the key to start, just something about it that seems really cool! :D

We spent 33 quid on eBay (plus 150 to have it fitted) and now can start the car with the remote before getting into the car.

Complete gimmick, but the local brats love our "magic" car that starts when they ask :)

i want that for mine sounds better i had the push button start on my evo2 but you had to use the key to switch to on position

YEah sounds good -BUT you must always remember to leave it in neutral otherwise.........ouch, whoops!

Great gadget, would be cool definately!

YEah sounds good -BUT you must always remember to leave it in neutral otherwise.........ouch, whoops!

Great gadget, would be cool definately!

Ha Ha

Done that at a petrol station. With the handbrake on it lurched and then the starter stalled and it gave up. You very quickly get into the habit of leaving it in neutral when you get out :toast:

You very quickly get into the habit of leaving it in neutral when you get out :toast:

Not with my handbrake you don`t. :lol:

Not with my handbrake you don`t. :lol:

Stop using it as a hankbrake then!

Technically I believe it should be termed a Parking Brake and lasts a lot longer if only used when stationary :lol:

Stop using it as a hankbrake then!

Technically I believe it should be termed a Parking Brake and lasts a lot longer if only used when stationary :lol:

Ahhh. I always wondered why it wasn`t as good as the footbrake. I thought it was my weedy muscles..... I can put the bullworker away now then. :rolleyes:

Ahhh. I always wondered why it wasn`t as good as the footbrake. I thought it was my weedy muscles..... I can put the bullworker away now then. :rolleyes:

I don't think what you get up to with bulls is appropriate content for a family site :!Removed!:

Anyway, such a gadget would be of no use to you as it would add 3 1/2oz and slow you up :crybaby:

I don't think what you get up to with bulls is appropriate content for a family site :!Removed!:

Anyway, such a gadget would be of no use to you as it would add 3 1/2oz and slow you up :crybaby:

:yes::lol:

:D id love one but where i live....nope. ill take a pic and show you the hill I sometimes park on...then youd be like ....ummmmm nah think ill leave it in gear with 27 breeze blocks to chock it too :yahoo:

B)-->

QUOTE(Tom.B @ Sep 30 2006, 03:45 PM)

:D id love one but where i live....nope. ill take a pic and show you the hill I sometimes park on...then youd be like ....ummmmm nah think ill leave it in gear with 27 breeze blocks to chock it too :yahoo:

Simple - move :thumbsup:

Then you can have the gimmick

Yeah I have the same thing too. It was fantastic warming up the car without leaving the house in winter. Buy my one chirps and don't start if it's in gear or if the handbreak is down.

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tom.B @ Sep 30 2006, 03:45 PM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

Simple - move :thumbsup:

Then you can have the gimmick

:lol: true but just have a lovely house in a really nice area...also just got the greatest view of a firework show going off...1st time the mrs seen it from our house and she wasbreathless :yahoo:

B)-->

QUOTE(Tom.B @ Sep 30 2006, 09:13 PM)

1st time the mrs seen it from our house and she was breathless :yahoo:

Tom.... What you been doing to the poor girl?? :eek:

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tom.B @ Sep 30 2006, 09:13 PM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

1st time the mrs seen it from our house and she was breathless :yahoo:

Tom.... What you been doing to the poor girl?? :eek:

:!Removed!: hehehehehehe want a dvd sending!!!! :thumbsup:

B)-->

QUOTE(Tom.B @ Oct 1 2006, 03:08 PM)

:!Removed!: hehehehehehe want a dvd sending!!!! :thumbsup:

Nah, your alright i just signed up to pervsRus for another 12 month. :drool::lol::thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Well, i got my start button kit, just wondering if anyone has done this on their Gen6 and could give me some pointers before i dive in and start attacking my wiring :eek:

If anyone could confirm which are the two starter wires that i need to attach to (i want to keep the key start as well as the button , that would be good :)