Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ipod

priusy

Dear All,

anyone connected the prius to an ipod? can it be done? :rolleyes:

also, has anyone managed to get the title function on the cd player to display additional info?

• 1 year later...

Well, I don't know if any others than the T spirit can do it, but in the center console there is a 12v charger, next to that is an aux in port, if you have an aux 3.5mm jack lead, plug it into the aux port, then into the bottom of your iPod/MP3 player.

Hope i helped

Well, I don't know if any others than the T spirit can do it, but in the center console there is a 12v charger, next to that is an aux in port, if you have an aux 3.5mm jack lead, plug it into the aux port, then into the bottom of your iPod/MP3 player.

Hope i helped

Am I right in thinking that this control only allows control of the volume through the Toyota's controls? Is there any music info on the Prius screen or headunit?

Hope i helped

Am I right in thinking that this control only allows control of the volume through the Toyota's controls? Is there any music info on the Prius screen or headunit?

Please could you say that again, because I didn't understand it.

Hope i helped

What I mean is, when you connect an iPod using the AV connection in the centre arm rest is there any functionality through the Toyota controls, other than the volume? (ie - do you see any of the track information - can you fast forward, rewind, etc?)

I need to know before I commit to buying the iPod Integration option.

I spent a lot of time looking at the options, going throuugh the headset was very clunky the menu sytem isn't at all intuitive. The Toyota option offering little benefit and costly as well.

In the end I got the Harmon Kardon Drive and Play 2 fitted, this is quite brilliant, see below,

HK

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=84043

I spent a lot of time looking at the options, going throuugh the headset was very clunky the menu sytem isn't at all intuitive. The Toyota option offering little benefit and costly as well.

In the end I got the Harmon Kardon Drive and Play 2 fitted, this is quite brilliant, see below,

HK

Thank you for your reply... Really interesting.

I have a couple more questions, if you don't mind? :help:

The option you describe as 'going through the headset'... Is this the iPod Integration Kit (the one where the iPod goes in the glove box)?

Did you try this in a Prius with a SatNav touch screen, and if so was this 'clunky'?

How much was your Harmon Kardon Drive and Play 2? I've seen it for £199, which is comparable with the Toyota integrated setup.

At the moment I think I'd sacrifice the ease of use of the Harmon/Kardon for the instant set-up of the Toyota kit, plus not having to carry it around, or hide it in the glove box... Or am I missing something? :huh:

Please convince me... I only want to make the decision once, and I want to be happy... :walkman:

Thanks again for your reply. This is really helpful.

HK

Thank you for your reply... Really interesting.

I have a couple more questions, if you don't mind? :help:

The option you describe as 'going through the headset'... Is this the iPod Integration Kit (the one where the iPod goes in the glove box)?

Did you try this in a Prius with a SatNav touch screen, and if so was this 'clunky'?

How much was your Harmon Kardon Drive and Play 2? I've seen it for £199, which is comparable with the Toyota integrated setup.

At the moment I think I'd sacrifice the ease of use of the Harmon/Kardon for the instant set-up of the Toyota kit, plus not having to carry it around, or hide it in the glove box... Or am I missing something? :huh:

Please convince me... I only want to make the decision once, and I want to be happy... :walkman:

Thanks again for your reply. This is really helpful.

The Toyota Ipod integration kit doesn't give menu controls through the radio, (or so I've been told). Just power and speaker integration.

There are 3rd party units out there that do, (you can find them by searching this forum). They are however what I call "clinky" in that the *****ise the CD menu. Subdividing tracks and albums as CD's.

On my Spirit the Harmon Kardon main unit lies beneath the removable bottom panel in the centre armrest unit. The screen is on the dash and the control unit is on the steering column. They connect to each other via bluetooth.

The ipod lays on the tray in the centre unit.

The glove box isn't used at all.

The main unit pipes into the radio via the AUX IN in the centre armrest unit.

Controlling the harmon kardon is exactly the same as the ipod itself, all controls are replicated on the control unit.

I paid full whack £250 and £50 for fitting.

Nigel