Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How Hot Tomorrow

gordypix

ive got 2 macs on my desk. my OSX one, the ont im on now. and the crap one on OS9, but although its crap(er) its still one of the best machines on the floor. heh. ive been doing some research on it. researching hard on lemmings. ive researched all the way upto about level 50. and ive not turned it off in about 2 months. still running fine. a PC would just die in that time.

and my OSX, dont even go there. i luv it. its so much faster in photoshop that a PC

best I've seen for not dying was a SUN server being connected to a UPS with a backup generator behind it which hadn't gone down or re-booted in 8 years before I went to do an upgrade...

No question I got them to reboot it before I would even touch it to make sure it came up cleanly and sure enough no problems at all on boot, you gotta love SUN kit...

Have to say, network wise... not as big scale but my sister wanted to put her G4 on my network so I said I'd give it a go. I plugged it in.....and it worked lol straight off, no config required. That impressed me.

im not allowed in our server bit. apparently im not "educated to do it" lol. you can get in there with a cradit card though, lol. its nice and cold in there.

ive got 2 macs on my desk. my OSX one, the ont im on now. and the crap one on OS9, but although its crap(er) its still one of the best machines on the floor. heh. ive been doing some research on it. researching hard on lemmings. ive researched all the way upto about level 50. and ive not turned it off in about 2 months. still running fine. a PC would just die in that time.

and my OSX, dont even go there. i luv it. its so much faster in photoshop that a PC

Yeah, this G4's got osx and 9 running on it.... nice! osx is puuuuuuuuuuuuuuurty :wub:

Stange how XP came out right after that.. (Microsoft: "Ahhhhh what we gonna do? Have you seen the new mac os? quick! someone make windows pretty!!") :lol:

Limited experience with Unix but it's very cool...mmmm command line prompts....mmmm.... :thumbsup:

command line was the best thing MAC ever put in there OS.... Have a friend whose mac just doesnt like to use the DHCP in the house, ok command line so much quicker than hunting around an os you don't know....

I'm goin for a swim :D

all the more reason to go swimmin!

Donkey- I meant as in Karma didn't have a roof...and still drove in the rain...etc etc joke...?

Donkey- I meant as in Karma didn't have a roof...and still drove in the rain...etc etc joke...?

he he :lol:

You should of seen the state of him when he arrived at JAE on Friday :lol:

Sorry mate....

duh, sorry, blonde moment there.

I've only ever seen one crash once and that was coz it was running a microsoft application- ha ha

Well, Mac must have done a heck of a good job fixing their bugs. :eek:

The top spec Macs I was using 1994 through to 1998 hardly went a day without showing ' :angry: SAD MAC' :angry: .

Used them for pre-press, scanning on a scitex flat-bed, with scsi's, lasers, iris, other Macs, isdn links, zips, optical discs, syquests - the whole kaboodle...........

osx is great. thats all i have to say.

but..

i prefer surfin the net with XP

osx is great. thats all i have to say.

but..

i prefer surfin the net with XP