Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Headlight Blown - Rant

michelangelo

Just discovered my dipped beam bulb has blown on my 2004 Avensis.

Only saving grace is that it's not the one in front of the washer bottle (so I should be able to replace it without Mr T's help).

Still I'll probably still skin my fingers to the bone!!!

Never understood why Toyota make it so difficult to change a headlamp bulb. When I bought my Avensis I asked the salesman about changing bulbs as it is quite difficult to do this job on my wife's Carina. He told me that is not a problem as the headlight unit and bulbs are so reliable?????? Was not until my son had to get his Avensis bulbs changed that I found out how difficult it really is. About time Toyota sorted this maintenance problem. My son paid £70 for his bulb change. Best of luck changing yours michaelangelo, be careful of your skin!!!!

Never understood why Toyota make it so difficult to change a headlamp bulb.

Not only Toyota, most cars... not only bulbs but other components. On my VW polo it was impossible to get the oil filter off - I gave up! Sandwiched inbetween the air con ducting, and front radiator.

i have a polo too. i have always taken it into the dealer for a change of bulb. £12. i have changed the bulb on the avensis though. you have to take off that plastic cover which covers the front of the enginer bay. then the rear of the bulb can be accessed quite easily.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links