Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Orange....

Gnome

I have been an Orange contract customer for 4 years now, and was previously a PAYG customer for 3 years.

I like Orange. All but 1 family member are Orange customers, and I've had excellant customer care form them.

Up till now that is...

I currently have a K750i, and it's suffered the ol' naff joystick problem. Rather than use my Orange car, I thought I'd upgrade, seeing as I've passed my 10-month barrier.

Contacted Orange, and said I wanted to upgrade, and said I was interested in the Samsung D900.

Was told there was a £99.99 charge for this!

I said was there anything I could do to make this phone free - I.e. take out an 18 month contract, etc.

Was simply told "no."

A new customer however, can get the phone for free, on a cheaper tariff than I pay now! :censor:

I even asked for a disconnection fee, and they just didn't seem bothered at all.

Orange's latest martking campaign states "Exisiting customers now get the same deal as new."

If that's the case, then that's false advertising!

I've got 6 weeks left on my contract, and would have to pay a disconnection fee, but I'm seriously considering leaving Orange and moving to Vodafone.

I'm going to call them again today, and say I want to leave Orange and want my PAC code, state the above about exisiting customer deals, and if they won't budge, then :censor: 'em!

I had similar issues with T-Mobile back in Feb :(

They eventually let me cancel the contract (I was less than 14 days into a new years contract) then charged me 3 months line rental :angry:

Took me 6 months and a strongly worded letter from my friend whose a solicitor to get the refund....

Good luck with it all :thumbsup:

I've been through a few providers over the years and found Orange to a be a royal PITA, I switched to Vodaphone through Carphone Warehouse a good while back and nearly changed as was horrfied by the service, luckily Vodaphone have since taken back Customer Care and look after the account themselves, now I could not sing their praises enough.

I would strongly recommend Vodaphone to anyone. Stop the Clock is superb as after 7 in the evenings and weekends you pay for 3 minutes and talk for and hour which saves a decent wedge and they have excellent network coverage.

I have never bothered upgrading - too much hassle. I just get a new contract every time.

Although now have an 18 month contract and have been with O2 for about 5 years and could not imagine leaving them. Vodafone were awful, hence I left them and never went back!

Would highly recommend O2, always polite when I call and very helpful... more so than Vodafone ever were.

I think I would only ever consider Orange and Vodafone to use for mobiles.

It's funny how everyone so far, has had different dealings with 3 different providers.

I would never use carphone warehouse, and probably never use O2 either.

Gonna try the ol' "Vodafone are offering me a better deal" trick.

See if that gets summit sorted.

I've used every network at some point in my life :lol:

Vodaphone payg - not bad on overall

O2 payg - useless customer services when things went wrong or you had a question

Orange contract - lasted a week as couldnt get signal and customer care didnt give a toss

T-Mobile contract - absolutely dire, never recommend them, customer care are a bunch of *beeeeeeeeep*, but complaints department very helpful (but you cant ring directly :rolleyes: )

Virgin payg - no complaints, did the job

3 contract - Great! Good contract, good customer care, good signal everywhere

Think Ive been lucky with 3 as been told how rubbish they are usually :)

I have been an Orange contract customer for 4 years now, and was previously a PAYG customer for 3 years.

I like Orange. All but 1 family member are Orange customers, and I've had excellant customer care form them.

Up till now that is...

I currently have a K750i, and it's suffered the ol' naff joystick problem. Rather than use my Orange car, I thought I'd upgrade, seeing as I've passed my 10-month barrier.

Contacted Orange, and said I wanted to upgrade, and said I was interested in the Samsung D900.

Was told there was a £99.99 charge for this!

I said was there anything I could do to make this phone free - I.e. take out an 18 month contract, etc.

Was simply told "no."

A new customer however, can get the phone for free, on a cheaper tariff than I pay now! :censor:

I even asked for a disconnection fee, and they just didn't seem bothered at all.

Orange's latest martking campaign states "Exisiting customers now get the same deal as new."

If that's the case, then that's false advertising!

I've got 6 weeks left on my contract, and would have to pay a disconnection fee, but I'm seriously considering leaving Orange and moving to Vodafone.

I'm going to call them again today, and say I want to leave Orange and want my PAC code, state the above about exisiting customer deals, and if they won't budge, then :censor: 'em!

I'm pretty certain Vodafone will buy out your existing contract in a way for you to switch over to them. A mate of mine wanted to change networks with about a month left on an Orange contract and when we went in to a Vodafone shop they said they would pay the existing months contract for him to start a contract with them asap.

i'm with 3 just now... their pants! Going to try and cancel my contract this weekend! Signal is really dodgy!!!

try going into an orange shop and quoting about the customers then you can actually speak to someone rather than just on the phone where there not bothered.

Orange's customer service is pretty poor. They barred two of our work mobiles for no reason and it still took us 30-odd hours to get them un-barred. And that was with an hour on the phone to Orange.

Orange (and probably most mobile companies) have no interest in doing you a deal until your subscription is up. I've had pretty good dealings with normal O2, but O2 online (who are totally separite) are really bad.

Yeah, think you've hit it on the head there Carrera.

The people I've spoken to at Orange, have said try again after Oct 15th, as it will be more than likely alot cheaper, but if I wait till my contract is up on November 15th, then it'll probably be free.

The only reason I wanted to upgrade now, was because of the joystick going ghey on my K750i.

Will have to ring them and see if Orange insurance covers it (should do), and how it will effect my premium.

I'm pretty certain Vodafone will buy out your existing contract in a way for you to switch over to them. A mate of mine wanted to change networks with about a month left on an Orange contract and when we went in to a Vodafone shop they said they would pay the existing months contract for him to start a contract with them asap.

I was on vodafone (still am) i had just got my free upgrade and wasn't happy with the handset.. went into phones 4 U to get my wife sorted with a new fone and they bought her out of her 1 month remaining contract.. i told them about my handset being hopeless and they bought out my 16 month remaining contract... what they did was to give us the cash that covered what was left on both contracts at the lowest possible tarrifs (i had to change tarrifs on mine to get the cheapest option) then it was up to us if we cancelled and paid up.. or left them running knowing that Phones 4 U had paid the contracts for us.. if we left them running then we could have used the cash we got for whatever we wanted.

i'm with 3 just now... their pants! Going to try and cancel my contract this weekend! Signal is really dodgy!!!

Try Phones 4 U.. were very helpfull and gave us good and honest advice.

Then again you did sign a contract and unfortunately rules are rules... don't think you would get any further with any other network.

btw i had a motorola v545 that the screen kept cutting out on after 8 months of ownership, took it into orange shop and they repaired it free of charge, not on orange insurance. I argued that since it was a fault and it was an electrical item it must by law carry a 12 month warranty minimum, they repaired it with minimum fuss so custromer care was quite good to me on that occasion, its worth a try.

One good thing about orange is they don't give out you mobile number so you don't get any cold calling or dodgy 'you have won text messages' unless you enter your mobile somewhere else, got a new vodaphone work phone, was never even switched on at first, given to me with the number not having been published anywhere, turn it on and 4 dodgy text messages on it!

Contacted vodaphone to complain and apparently it is in their contract small print and you can't opt out.

I have been with vodaphone since 1989 and have probably only ever spoken to customer services about 3 or 4 times.

They cannot be beaten on coverage as they have the largest network of any provider being one of the original service providers (cellnet - now O2 being the only other at that time).

Orange are atrocious, but I appreciate a lot of people have not had any problems if they happen to be in an area which has good coverage.

It is difficult to compare companies on customer service because it is pot luck what mood or type of person you happen to get when you phone in.

Vodaphone are not the cheapest but they don't need to be because they are confident they can provide the best service. Others have to offer better deals to compete.

Saying all that it depends what you are looking for and what you are willing to put up with. Personally I would rather pay that little bit more and know I will get what it says on the tin.

We have all had different experiences which will influence our decisions e.g. phones 4 U tried to rip me off (long story) and i haven't been able to find fault with Carphone warehouse but I know others have.

It's a minefield out there! (unless you stick with Vodaphone :P )

I've been with Vodafone since O2 gave rubbish coverage at my caravan in North Wales (walking outside into the rain every time you wanted to make/receive a call isn't fun). :ffs:

They've been great. I'm on contract and got a Samsung D500 18 months ago for £12. Not bad IMO.

I've been in to see when I can upgrade again (this week!). The sales assistant couldn't have been nicer to me even if her informal "love" and "hun" may not have been to everyone's tastes. I didn't mind myself.

I'm after the D900 too so I'll let you know how I get on.

recently dumped the utterly retarded O2!! Left T-Mobile to go to them and wish i never did. Now on 3 and happy as can be :D

Apparently O2 have bought the 3 network. Hence the decent coverage (finally!).

Gotta say O2 have been great to me. Never really had a problem, and when I did they sorted me right out.

-Z

I have been pulling this one with vodafone for years, threatened to leave a few times, they eventually game me he fone I wanted at a good price but never free.

However, finally left Vodafone due to naff reception, not very good 3G coverage and overpricing.

On Three now, 800 txts 400 mins for £21 a month and a spanking new N series mobile. Love it.

I prefer PAYG, both Yves & I have PAYG o2 sims - 300 free text & wap mins for me, free "treat" to choose from every 3 months and 10% of the topup back every 3 months too. Yves just has a basic one, I was tempted to go contract but I can't be bothered with all the hassle!

Never had any problems with o2 either :D

Apparently O2 have bought the 3 network. Hence the decent coverage (finally!).

Gotta say O2 have been great to me. Never really had a problem, and when I did they sorted me right out.

-Z

3 does indeed piggyback the O2 network, except when your in a 3G coverage area, so that is really good, but thats about the only good thing about O2, other than that, theyre expensive, have sod all incentives, the website is crap and i somehow got tied into a naff deal through Carphone Warehouse, which i only found out AFTER i joined! That costs me around 45quid per month! And i get 200min, 200 texts and about 5meg of internet.....ghey

New conty on 3 - 600mins, 2000 texts, 50vid mins, 50MMS, 30meg of internet, mobile TV*, 5quid of free downloads.... all per month.... for less than 20quid! And a brand new phone....... and the service is superb!

*i thought this would be a spazzy gimmick, but tried it to see what its like, and its really cool! Except you have to pay extra for the !Removed! channels :(

I've been with Vodafone since O2 gave rubbish coverage at my caravan in North Wales (walking outside into the rain every time you wanted to make/receive a call isn't fun). :ffs:

They've been great. I'm on contract and got a Samsung D500 18 months ago for £12. Not bad IMO.

I've been in to see when I can upgrade again (this week!). The sales assistant couldn't have been nicer to me even if her informal "love" and "hun" may not have been to everyone's tastes. I didn't mind myself.

I'm after the D900 too so I'll let you know how I get on.

So, I went in last Friday to my Vodafone shop and said I'd like an upgrade please but I wasn't there to spend money. They typed my phone number into their computer and hit "get quote"...

The girl behind the customer said "so you spend quite a lot with us do you?"

I replied that I did (using your mobile in a field for six weeks as a modem for your PDA will do that to you :P ).

She asked what phone I had in mind and I told her the D900.

She said "yes, you can have that".

"How much?" I asked.

"No Sir, you can have that. It's free."

So I'm now the proud owner of the phone and it's pretty cool. Still finding my way around it and Bluetoothing my contacts across to it but I love it already.

The "theme" display is pretty cool. Houses of Parliament on a nice clear day (during the day). Even has birds flying across the sky. Clever bit is at night when it changes to the same scene but the Houses are now lit with their reflection in the Thames. There is even a dark sky across which trail shooting stars! B)

Apparently the theme shows different places in different countries. I may have to travel! :lol:

Funny, as I read this, Milly is fuming from getting off the phone to oranges "customer care". Once again they have taken her direct debit out at the wrong time causing her to go overdrawn, dispite her complaining about it and trying to move the dates before.

Added to that their signla has got noticeably worse over the past few months, when she called up to complain they simply told her I quote "you are wrong, the signal has got better in your area due to our new improvements" Great.

I have also found their store reps rude and offensive (I am all for equal oppertunities, but why are there no people of anglo saxon decent in any of the reading stores?? One even flat lied/gave false information to me about using my laptop office 3G card on a pay as you go sim....

I left them and went back to Vodafone due to their ****ty service and poor upgrade deals, and haven't looked back since. The shop staff are bright and can't do more to help, the signal is far better, the choice of handsets is better, and 99% of hte phone don't have an ugly logo on them advertising what network you are on...

Looks like that is two more customers that they have lost!!!

Its a shame, two or three years ago Orange offered excellent customer service, great deals etc etc, it would apear that all of that has gone to pot!

One other thing, - avoid "phones 4 U" like the plague, not on is the name irritating and features "txt spk",the adverts a menace to television, but their sales people and sales policys are even worse!