Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Bubbling Alloys

davystokes

I have a 02 RAV4 bought from a Toyota dealer 10 months ago with a Toyotas 12 month guarentee. The front alloys are begining to bubble. I don't know if this is likely to be just the varnish or the metal.

Anyone any experience of having this rectified under a used-car Toyota guarantee?

thanks, Davy

I have a 02 RAV4 bought from a Toyota dealer 10 months ago with a Toyotas 12 month guarentee. The front alloys are begining to bubble. I don't know if this is likely to be just the varnish or the metal.

Anyone any experience of having this rectified under a used-car Toyota guarantee?

thanks, Davy

Davy, dont, about warranty work but if theres one thing Toyota can,t right it,s the paint-job they do on their wheels. On my previous 4.1 Freesport they were bubbling and flaking within 2 years (and they were looked after). We,ll see how long it takes on my 4.3 T180 before this starts happening!!!

Clare

Welcome to TOC Davy :thumbsup:

i've not claimed under a toyota used car warranty but i have with a new car,

my cars just had a new set of alloys under warranty because of them bubbling like yours.

my car has just gone 3 years old yesterday :D and for 2 of the years i had different alloys on :blink:

its a common known fault on toyota and lexus.

Go to the dealer you got it from and show them, its worth a try.

they can only say no, you'll never know if you dont ask :lol:

kimi xx

I've had two front alloys replaced under the new car 3 year warrenty ,but my guess would be that are not cover by a used car warrenty after the vehicle is 3 years old :angry: ....but no harm in asking them :rolleyes: .

• 1 year later...

As Bob King says - this is a common thing to be dealt with under the initial 3 year warranty (I just had my 3 swapped about a month ago - coming upto 3 years) but not covered by extended warranty.

You could try the line with your dealer that the car is less then a year old to YOU and you would like them to sort it - maybe they could swap them for better ones on another RAV4 on their used lot at least?

On a 6 year old RAV would be extremely surprised if the dealer did anything other than laugh I'm afraid...

Mine started bubbling on year two, so got four new shiny ones for it's third birthday :rolleyes:but that's what i'd expect from the original three year warranty, not so sure it would carry forward into a renewed warranty. Maybe worth asking though!

Dunx.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links