Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is There Any Damage Done?

PI100

hi

i took my son drving in the corolla t3 tonight and as he was driving i dont know what he was thinking but he accidently tpuch reverse while the car was doing about 25mph all the was heard was a grinding noise.

do you think any damage was done?

thqanks in advance

Paul

as long as it didn't engage reverse while going forward everything should be fine :thumbsup:

as long as it wasnt ramed into reverse and the stick was released as soon as the vibration was felt then now perminent damage should have been done mate :thumbsup:

so your pretty sure there should be no damage.

if there was damge what would it be like a worn cog or soemthing. is such damage repairable without a new gear box

PI100..given the horrendous cost of a gearbox rebuild, you should have the gearbox oil changed as soon as possible. Make sure it is hot and keep a sample of around 200mls, in a sealed bottle.

Castrol, used to, and I'm sure still do, offer an oil analysis service, it fully analyses the oil for contamination etc, and then sends you a comprehensive written report. It was not too expensive, and I used to use it for engine oil changes on a Volvo F7 I was looking after.

Your gearbox is probably OK if you now have no extra whining, or selection problems but you do need to get rid of metal swarf that'll cause wear and synchro issues down the track...do the Castrol thing.