Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Water Pump Or Gasket?

Dufus

Ok so I love my 95 Mreg celica and dont want to get rid of it, but i am getting a bit upset now. Drove home last night and after i got out noticed a dirty trail of water starting on the drive leading to my car. Looked under it and its pouring water. (lucky i made it home) it looks like the leak is comming from where the water pump is which i guess connects into the engine. So is it possible that the seal between this and the engine has gone and not the gasket? I think water has got into the engine as on idle the car can sound very funny trying to speed up and down and the oil on the dipstick looks very thin (although i might be wrong)

all the parts are too tight in the engine to see exactly where the water is comming from, but it does take a while with the engine running before the water starts to come out (needs to be hot)

anyone no more about this kind of thing than me and could help before I decide to junk it or take it to a garage?

cheers

try and take a few pix mate and post em on here for a diagnosis.

not really much to see other than the water comming from top left of engine when looking at it. all the other parts get in the way to actually see where the water is pouring from, but it is near the water pump. just wondered if it is possible that it would leak like that

not really much to see other than the water comming from top left of engine when looking at it. all the other parts get in the way to actually see where the water is pouring from, but it is near the water pump. just wondered if it is possible that it would leak like that

ok so the car runs, no smoke out of the back of it and it seems like it only really heavily pours water out when you stop and turn the engine off. i can only guess it is to do with the water pump or pipes and not the head gasket.

sounds like water pump if its leaking from there but that can damge the head if you run the car like it waterpump aint to expensive unlick the head that will need skimming new strech bolts and gasget set ....