Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help! Efi Fuse Keeps Blowing

JDM 1.3 Starlet

i really need help here guys, my EFI fuse keeps blowing and my EFI relay gets hot as ****....it started happening a couple of days ago and i was driving down the street and it just cuts off.....i looked and the EFI fuse had poped, so i put another 15AMP fuse back in and went home, well i was driving it today and i got on it 1st and 2nd and like 5 minutes after that it cut off....i have changed the relay out with another and the car still wont start and poping fuses.....i dont know what else to do....if you can help me please let me know something

just an idea , but maybe the fuel pump is suspect ???

can you run a diagnostics check for ecu error codes on the paseo ???

yea, i can do that but i need it running tho to put it on the machine dont I? i need to find out the 4EFTE engine codes....lol i've been looking around everywhere for them but all i find is japanese....lol

with most toyotas you join TE1 and E1 in the port with a paperclip or wire,you dont need it running. just turn the ignition on once wire is in place.

well i have had no luck with this site helping me so i'm nolonger going to post...lol, i have found yet a better site and its been a pleasure guys but this site here is not for me...peace oh yea PS my car is fixed and it was a grounded out wire......later

• 1 year later...
well i have had no luck with this site helping me so i'm nolonger going to post...lol, i have found yet a better site and its been a pleasure guys but this site here is not for me...peace oh yea PS my car is fixed and it was a grounded out wire......later

Hey there, what did you do with the wire to prevent it from blowing fuses? any pictures please...

it sounds like he had a wiring connection earthing out. No idea more than that though.

what sort of things could cause this to happen then?