Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Trip Computer

BillRoberts

Hi, everybody.

I've just bought a 2001 Yaris CDX auto - my first Toyota (always gone with Nissan before), so keeping my fingers crossed!

The car seems great, but one small problem - the handbook is missing. Most of the controls are obvious, but a bit confused with the trip computer. Tried pressing buttons at random, but can't make much sense of the display. So, until I can order a handbook from the dealers, can anyone give me some brief instructions as to what the buttons do, how to reset, etc.???

A pdf of the relevant handbook pages would be good, too!

Cheers,

Bill

Hi, everybody.

I've just bought a 2001 Yaris CDX auto - my first Toyota (always gone with Nissan before), so keeping my fingers crossed!

The car seems great, but one small problem - the handbook is missing. Most of the controls are obvious, but a bit confused with the trip computer. Tried pressing buttons at random, but can't make much sense of the display. So, until I can order a handbook from the dealers, can anyone give me some brief instructions as to what the buttons do, how to reset, etc.???

A pdf of the relevant handbook pages would be good, too!

Cheers,

Bill

The right hand button changes the brightness of the speedo, rev counter, etc and can switch it from miles per hour to kilometres per hour. With the left hand button you can switch from total miles the car has done to trip A and trip B. Holding the left hand button down resets either of the trips but obviously not the total miles!! :thumbsup:

As above.

To reset trip A, make sure it's showing on your odometer on the dash, and then hold down the button for several seconds.

It will then reset Trip A to 0.

You can do this again with Trip B.

Your questions look to have been covered by other people & there's nothing I can add about them without just repeating something so I wont, but if you're going to get a handbook stay clear of the stealers, they're on eBay quite often for a lot cheaper :thumbsup:

Your questions look to have been covered by other people & there's nothing I can add about them without just repeating something so I wont, but if you're going to get a handbook stay clear of the stealers, they're on eBay quite often for a lot cheaper :thumbsup:

Cheers, mate.

Didn't think of eBay - I'll have a look.

Bill