Sign in to follow this  
Fidgits

Anyone Running Pzero's?

Recommended Posts

Just wondering if anyone happened to be running PZero tyres?

If so, can you let me know I have a little question i'd like to ask..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ask away.. i've fitted one or two, and removed one or two too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking at my front tyres - cant tell whether or not they are on the legal limit - i think i can see the tread wear indicator 2/3rd's the way down.

ftyre.jpg

but the main channels are nice and deep, the side channels seem ok too.

however, when i looked at the rear:

rtyre.jpg

so im not sure whether the fronts need replacing...?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so im not sure whether the fronts need replacing...?

Very soon I would say

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ftyre.jpg

I have circled the tread wear indicators in green.. the red circle is just a little block that ties the 2 larger blocks together, you would be surprised how many people think this is the indicator... the green circle near the wall is where you would see a little triangle or the letters "TWI".. it just shows you where the tread wear indicators can be found on the tread.

Looking at your front tyre, it is getting close to the TWI's, maybe about 2.5mm left... the law says that 75% of the tyre needs to be 1.6mm or more, and the other 25% must have visible tread.. this 25% usually gets worn on either/both edges of the tyre (tracking problems or power steering) so as long as the tread is above the TWI's and you can see the FULL tread pattern all the way to both edges of the tyre, it is still legal.

However, in your picture it looks like they could do with replacing in the not too distant future, imo it's time for you to think about replacing them... your rear tyres look like they still have a good 5mm of tread left on them.. but i can't really see the inside edge.. although i suspect it will be the same as the outer edge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

time to spend some more money then!

Try Mark at Autospeed - he'll always do a deal.

I've gone off PZeros since I didn't like the wet weather handling and after trying lots of others now use Pilot Sport 2s - good all round performance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

time to spend some more money then!

Try Mark at Autospeed - he'll always do a deal.

I've gone off PZeros since I didn't like the wet weather handling and after trying lots of others now use Pilot Sport 2s - good all round performance.

Yeah, but Autospeed are owned by Kwik Fit now - and arent as good as they once were - I actually found Bathwick to be much better priced, and as proffessional (if you dont mind hanging around)..

But cheers for the advice, and yeah, i fancy a decent set of winter rubber as the zero's arent great in the wet!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this