Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Performance Exhaust For Yaris T Sport

jerry phipps

Hi everyone

Well the time has come for me to put a performance exhaust onto my car. Well what i'm looking for is a exhaust with a nice sporty sound and to get some performance gains in the bhp department :yes:

1st up Powerflow

Yes i know that a lot of people are really un happy with powerflow. But they are at a really good price. I know that yaristpot has got one fitted to his car and it really sounds the nut's. Plus you have got a life time warranty to back it up stainless steel as well. Cost £160

2nd TTE

Really hard to get thorough your toyota dealer. And i think that it's in mild steel which means that around 3/4 years from how you will be replacing it. Spoke to matt aka supercharge IS200 and he might be able to order one for me. Cost £175

3rd Remus

Great looking exhaust again in stainless steel. Austria made exhaust comes with a lifetime warranty. I think yaristpot told me that they are the same as TTE??

Cost £250

4th Mongoose

Still under construction for the last :censor: 9 months now :ffs:

Cost ????

5th Hks Hiper TI

Japanese tuning at it's finest here. Must admit looks really wicked. I know that miss t sport has got one fitted to her car and she say's that it's the best one of them all. Now the only problems it that you have got to wait at least 4/6 week to get one.

Cost £335 + vat

6th Apexi Hybrid

Dont really know a lot about this exhaust all i know is that apexi is a good make. Well that's what i'm told by are friends on the echo website.

Cost £375 + vat

7th TRD

Toyota Race Development. Toyotas tuning experts. Haven't really seeing a picture of this exhaust but for the price i think that it has got to be something special i think. Mild steel / stainless steel ????

Cost 414.58

8th Apexi N1 Universal Muffler

Again i dont know about this make. But are friends on the echo site seem to be talking about this exhaust box as it looks like everyone has got this on there yaris over there. They all claim that it really free's up the cars performance and gives off a really nice deep exhaust note.

Cost ????

So now this is where you guys come in. I'm really stuck here. I want the best for my car. But i want the best for my back pocket as well. I really need your advice about this tunning mod.

Cheers for any reply that come along.

jerry!!

Without nkowing muc about the car would make the comment that a TTE exhaust would also not invalidate any part of your warranty, big bonus...

Cheers rhaines very good points. Anymore comments???

jerry!!

ive got the tte one, had it fitted optional extra when the car was first bought....

its stainless steel, mines got NO rust on it. its about 3 years old now aswell.

depends what you want, if you want a mind purr, then get the tte one, if you want all out roar, get the HKS

Cheers vtrick for your comments. Anymore please :D

jerry!!

Jerry

From the Lisst what one is from the Cat Back.

I have looked and looked and i can only find back boxes.

It a :ffs: :censor: nightmare to find Cat Back Exhausts for YTS

Do you know someone that does Cat back or will it be custom made.

Cheers mate

Brooner :thumbsup:

for best part of 400 notes I would hope all those over 300 are full systems?

Cheers,

Steve.

Steve

I have honestly called about and there are no companies that do Cat back, may be i'm calling the wrong people

Brooner

I'd like one of these....

TOM'S Racing Barrel :P

Perfect fit.

Doesn't sit low like the others I've seen.

The TRD one is wicked too.

wroom wroom..... ;)

post-40-1060248069.jpg

where do ya get the toms one from and does it cost a wedge????????

also is the HKS hiper ti loud???

ive love the look of it and currently sorting a zorst meself but im concerned cos ive owned deafening exhausts. sounds cool round town and at shows but gets on ya !Removed! on motorway hauls. :ph34r:

Jaxx

I have phoned about th HKS Hiper, and was told they only do a back box,do you think the noise would change dramatically with only a box, the toms looks quality and i take it from the picture is from the cat back, i dont know weather to get a box for about £300 or wait until there is a full system or from cat back for the same money :help:

Cheers

Brooner

Do you think it would be possible to get a full TTE System from your local dealer?

Also does using TTE keep you warrenty still?

Cheers :thumbsup:

Tom!!

brooner

the noise will be completely different as the box wont be manufactured to produce limited noice with an endless amount of baffles innit.

£350 is a bit steep for a back box, im considering this new mongoose system (if they ever release a price!!!) but the HKS one is so damn sexy its hard to resist.

ive also thought of a custom built (powerflow or equiv.) but after reading threads that folk dont really rate them im a bit stuck.

during my surfing time ive noticed Top Secret do a back box as well which looks well trick and is a touch cheaper!

:unsure:

Found this at amber performance near me. Blitz nur spec £313 pounds 3 weeks to order. In stainless steel and it's cat back :thumbsup: Looks really nice.

Check it out

jerry!!

post-40-1060294645.gif

looks cool B)

how do we contact amber performance?? :)

Regarding the TTE one, I'm presuming its similar to the one fitted on my SR. If so I've had to have it replaced twice under Warrenty due to holes appearing. I'm not totaly convinced of their longevity especially now my warranty has expired!

So are you saying that the TTE exhaust isn't all that then?

jerry!!