Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Avensis Gls And Sr

PayDay

Avensis GLS and SR, I have been thinking about what one to go for, I see the SR is abit sporty, but only has 126bhp. Where the GLS has 147bhp? Why is that and does it make a different? :help: What are the pros and cons of the GLS and SR?

The GLS is higher spec, as far as I know the spec on pre 2003 models is GS, SR, GLS, CDX. This means that GLS will have more equipment, what this equipment is I do not know my friend.

Bugger it, have a CDX! :thumbsup:

If you are buying second hand then you should always go for the highest model you can, there's not much difference in value anyway.

Said me with a GS! :lol:

:hokus-pokus: If you put a new stereo into the car, does it cause a problem with the sat nav, because I see the CD and Sat Nav are one unit?

:!Removed!: As the GLS does come with a real spoiler, Can you get the same rear spoiler as on the SR? I have seen some websites that sell real spoilers but the do look different from the SR one.

:group-cuddles:

i believe the cdz 2.0 and the SR use the same 2.0 engin with the same output. they may have produced a 1.8 sr for a time but dont think so.

i believe the cdz 2.0 and the SR use the same 2.0 engin with the same output. they may have produced a 1.8 sr for a time but dont think so.

dawesy is absolutely right! CDX and SR uses the same engine.

I think the SR which PayDay saw must be the earlier model (98-00) which has 3S-FE engine. The later model (00-03) has 1AZ-FSE engine which is so called VVTi, which produces 147.

3S is a good engine but if I have the choice, I'll go for the 1AZ.

all 2.0 vvti engines are the same only trim changes between gls sr gs etc

• 3 months later...

The 2001 SR Model 2.0L has 147bhp. The older version without th VVT-i engine only has 126bhp. You were able to get the SR as a 1.8L also. Hope some help.

You should put a picture of your 1.8 Avensis engine next to your supra one Adi! :lol:

come on then SMW, you've got me interested! What you done to it then? and what performance increases have you got?

i have an SR 2.0. its got quite a good acc. as far as i know, the SR is the only model that comes standard with a rear spoiler. if you want luxary the CDX is the one to get. the SR however is more sporty.

anyone kno any cheap decent modz?