Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jap Import Mr2 Gt

stuart b

:help: as any of you regulars are aware i am an mr2 virgin any assistance would be appreciated: i have a recent jap import which has a gap under the tape player, can i fit a cd player there and if any will i encounter problems.what is speaker system (standand) on this car?

If you venture further and take the whole thing out you will find that it can hold most head units.. when I got my import it had a tape player/equal combo but now I have my MD player the equaliser isnt getting used.

In the future I plan to have a Pioneer Screen that can show me lots of magic things! (dunno what like)

For a CD player you will need to wire a seperate power supply and wire it into the stock sound system Speakers.. but trust me... the cage holds 2 head units.

If it's the Jap radio/cassette that's in there the radio won't pick up much UK radio - different transmitting frequencies... How often will you be listening to tapes?

I'd replace the existing headunit with a radio/CD headunit get the correct adaptor (unlike the previous idiotic owner who just cut the wires he chose to use) to use between the head unit and the loom inside - cheap from Halfords. I would also fit an OEM "cubby-Hole" in the lower open space ;) Perhaps install a CD-shuttle too?

Depending on the age of you car it should have the "Live" sound system comprising of one full range speaker in each door, one tweeter in each pillar, one fullrage speaker behind each headrest and one sub in the boxes on the floor behind each of the seats. Earlier models only had one sub. There are amplifiers and crossovers placed in various places on the car too. virtually everyone I have spoken to has had them fitted in different areas :wacko:

Check out some other MR2 owner clubs (mr2oc.co.uk & imoc.co.uk) they all have I.C.E tech. sections that can help if no-one here can ;)

You can't just add in another Head Unit nd have both powered up, the best option is as stated above to remove the existing one and replace it with an aftermarket one, not a big job and esay to do yourself, if you ned help give us a shout online and Im sure we'll be able to answer any queries you may have.