Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Compressor Numbers

Bodgit

I have noticed that the compressor has been around for about a year now. How many do you think they have sold? I have seen them in 55,06 and 56 plates. Surely it hasn’t taken that long to sell 250. I am beginning to wonder whether they are just continuing to sell them and they aren’t that exclusive. After all we do seem to have a few owners on here now.

Wasn't it November '05 when they were launched?

The thing is, I didn't even know they existed until I wandered past mine on the forecourt of Toyota World in Birmingham. ;)

Toyota obviously have not done much to promote it so I really think they are not selling more than the 250.

i am sure mine was registered late october. but even for 10 months you would have thought they would have sold them all. i must admit i was the same, never heard of one until i dropped into Toyota by chance. I was looking for car but not sure what i wanted so was just doing a drive round.

I almost ended up with a focus st but the sales boys were idiots and couldnt sell a thing (i do like a salesman to sell). He was telling me the ST's were ultra rare which is why they were selling for more than original retail with 10k on the clock. i challenged this by asking "if they are so rare why are there 3 on your forecourt"

I have just phoned Toyota and asked how many they have got left available for sale.

They have told me they can not tell me how many have been sold and i would have to go to a dealer and see if i could purchase one. They did tell me they could tell me how many more of the limited edition MR2's they have.

It all sounds a bit fishy to me. this gives me the impression you can go in, order one and they will make it.

***Update***

i have just spoken to my local dealer and he has called the factory. The factory have said all 250 have been made. they have released the last few to the dealer network. if a dealer does not have one, like the one i have spoken to he would have to buy it outright from one who held it in stock.

Just cant understand why toyota GB would not have known this.

they orignially pencilled in 250 but sold all of them, i believe there are nearer 750 in the UK.

Only 250 right-hand drive Corolla Compressor models are being made available in the UK, so potential owners will have to move almost as quickly as the car they desire in order to secure one. Toyota Website Quote.

If this is the case then surely they have falsely advertised the car and as it is no longer rare should be providing owners with compensation.

If this is the case then surely they have falsely advertised the car and as it is no longer rare should be providing owners with compensation.

I also own a late Ford Mustang and remember that around 2001 Ford announced that would be making a very limited run of 'Bullitt' Mustangs. Of course they sold the lot and decided to make a few more....

Compensation was discussed but it never happened :angry:

Only DVLA would know how many Compressors are registered in the UK ;)

in other words probably not worth pursuing. How may do you think we have on here?

i have noticed about 4, perhaps the other 246 (746) are out driving

my wife has just moved into the Toyota fold and got herself a aygo black, when she was in with the manager talking the finals over to sign the car i was out side with the sale man and asked him what part ex deal he would give me for the compressor, he said there still available

this is bad, there is no way of proving the numbers so they could produce as many as they wanted and it's your word against them.

i am becoming even more suspicious as i had another compressor follow me into work today

I'm not sure how many compressors were made, but if they were only building 250 :eek: they should have numbered them like Honda does with the Type R :wacko: .

Also there are lots of them on Autotrader from about £15,000 to £18,000 :blink: , so I tend to think they are stuggling to sell them (but then again they was trying to get £4,000 for a £2,500 conversion). It's only a T Sport with a super charger at the end of the day. If they had again made more effort to tell it from standard T Sport it might have been easier to sell :blink: .

Like nicer wheels off the Mr2 (not sure if they'd have fitted), Recaro front seats etc.

pb

:wacko:

The Compressor is actually a bit more than a T-Sport with a supercharger ;)

They have Eibach lowered springs, alloy strut brace, body kit, twin exhausts and the wheels of course.

The problem is that Toyota just have not promoted them.

They could have been sold as ' the most powerful Toyota currently poduced' or something like that.

As I said earlier, I didn't even know they existed until I wandered past mine on the forcourt of the dealership :rolleyes:

Oh, and I've never seen another one on the road yet :lol: