Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota Race Development (trd)

Nick-Johnson

I have visted the tune a car site about a week ago and cant stop going back to have a look at the TRD Manifold and Exhaust System for the Corolla T-Sport. The price for all this is £1038.00 + VAT I think. Do any of you guys reckon this would give a noticeable performance gain. I just dont want to spend the cash and then find out that it really was not worth it.

Nick :thumbsup:

Are there any figgures on the web site?

Its a lot of money to spend without knowing the effect.

Perhaps there might be a jap website with the info or

you could e-mail trd im sure they would help.

Tell me how you get on I would like to change the exhaust on mine

There does not seem to be any figures on the web site, but I wouldn’t think that TRD would manufacture any product with out a some kind of performance gain. I will get in touch with them and see if they can advise me on what difference the system makes. I reckon changing the manifold as well as the exhaust should make a fair difference.

I would like to make sure there is a BHP gain before splashing the cash though.

of course mate - no worries ;)

was just making sure you knew you could get a good deal on it if you buy if :thumbsup:

if you were a gold member, I would tell you of an American company that offers TOC TRD parts at cost price?

Or a UK company that gives a 10% discount on TRD parts?

Its really easy to join - just click here

[offtopic]

goldmember eh? whats in it for me? B) dont live in the uk nor japan so cant get any discounts with aftermarket parts or at local dealers :wacko:

[/offtopic]

another manifold and exhaust system would typically produce an extra amount of around 10 to 15 bhp on any other car i guess... but its big bucks :huh:

I do understand that this a lot of cash but the problem we have as T-Sport owners Yaris Corolla or Celica is that there is not a lot of after market products for us to buy. Universal parts seems to be the only way forward but it is not always going to fit correctly, this was the reason for been so interested in these TRD parts I know they will fit with out any problems.

I do understand that this a lot of cash but the problem we have as T-Sport owners Yaris Corolla or Celica is that there is not a lot of after market products for us to buy. Universal parts seems to be the only way forward but it is not always going to fit correctly, this was the reason for been so interested in these TRD parts I know they will fit with out any problems.

hahaha try a ep81 starlet on for size :lol: there is absolutely nothing out there :lol: just 2 bodykits from tte/postert and bodykit.co.nz (which don't even fit an ep81 ;) )

be glad that trd isn't discontinuing the tsport models as they have the good-old-ep81 starlet ;)

if you got the cash, i'd sure go for it dude :thumbsup:

Nick, from my experience I wouldn't do it. there's a 90% chance that you wouldn't notice any difference. I changed the headers and exhaust on a nissan pulsar SSS without any noticable gain.

A noticable improvement can only be made when the standard parts are crap, and this is NOT the case with the cts. :) which is a good thing.

proof: trd makes a kit (US$5,000) which includes a full exhaust system, air filter and pistons that in total makes 15Kw and 20Nm difference.

check it out here: http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/u...2zz-engine.html

dude, save your money for something else.

best regards,

spiz.