Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gen7 Aux. Belt Squeeling

edamduke

My brother has a 52plate 190 with 46k miles and it is making an awful squeel, I've had a look and am 99% sure it is the aux belt. Unfortunately it doesnt have a convenient little bolt to tighten the belt. There must be a very simple way of increasing the tension without taking it to an expensive garage?

Photos would help if possible,

Cheers

There`s a tensioner pulley between the Aircon pump pulley and the crankshaft pulley. Not sure on how it adjusts though. :unsure:

Its a hydraulic tensioner on the new gen Celicas. Its probably on its way out. There's a lot of feedback on here about them if u wanna search the forum matey :thumbsup:

• 11 years later...

Just in case anyone else searches this post, my 190 is doing the same, make sure your crankshaft pulley is all there! I couldn't see anything else wrong with mine until I saw what the pulley should look like :biggrin:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links