Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Laser Detectors To Be Made Illegal

Fidgits

Ah well it was obvious wasn't it ?

I just thank the people who flash their lights :D !

Haha Mr Mobile man - don't you love it when you drive past them really slow bet you they get ****** :D !

*When you know they are there :lol:

Eating whilst driving,

drink driving,

drugged up driving,

No tax,

No insurance,

Using a non hands free phone etc.

All these are illegal too and they are rarely enforced .

Surely the answer is to enforce the laws already in place, rather than introducing new ones !

I don't see how they can make it even worse to not identify yourself. You aren't supposed to be forced to incriminate yourself in English law. What's going on there?

Paul.

OOOOOOOOk!

If thats how those letter writing t shirt campaigning charlatans want to play I think its time to finally get around to building a GUN diode based laser jammer.... lets see how they like that device!

Wonder if its illegal to post up the schematic?

This has been kicking around for a while, they were trying to introduce before the last general election but ran out of time. So in the meantime they've tried to bully people using jammers with threats of 'perverting the course of justice' instead.

Last time it came up the they made the mistake of publishing the table of speeds for the graduated penalties too. You could exceed the limit by a greater percentage in a 30 zone than a motorway before getting nobbled for 6 points and the increased fine... All about safety of course, what with motorways being the safest roads and all.

GPS based detectors are still legal and while they don't provide the best protection against mobile vans they're better than nothing. I'd be tempted to use one in combination with a laser jammer and just strip the jammer off for a few days if it ever went off.

Bodywork with no easy to hit flat surfaces, made of fibreglass and with a stick on numberplate provides a degree of protection from laser too ;)

don't worry about it, it's their last stand to keep a failing policy alive. after last weeks case at the ECHR it looks promising that the whole NIP and section 172 request will be deemed illegal and tht speeding (cough) will be a civil offence instead of criminal...i.e no points. (probably have to wait til february for the verdict though).

anyway whatever happens, i, and many others, will continue to fight them and win! :toast:

its now davo - 3, CPS - 0 :thumbsup:

I wonder if its possible to..... carry a laser pointer about and if caught by a laser camera.... laser ur eyes with the laser pointer and claim they did it for the grand sum of mucho compensation? LOoOL

If somebody tries that ill send them a voucher for subway :D :thumbsup:

What about local radio stations including the mobile van locations in their traffic reports, Signal Radio in Stoke on Trent does this daily, surely thats not illegal else they would have been done for it by now?

and anyway its not like they could find a radar detector with a 'clever' install anyway, most of them can't find criminals and they are trained to do that!

The problem is that detectors are of limited use these days, GATSOs on the whole are pretty obvious and a GPS based system works well against them. Only Durham (I think) still operates a 'hairdryer' type handheld radar gun, everyone else has switched to laser based enforcement for its extra range (and possibly for its more dubious accuracy too, but that's a different argument). Laser detectors are next to useless, all they do is tell you that you've been caught so the only really effective defence against laser is a jammer. Even though a decent jammer only produces a 'standard' error code on the gun for long enough for you to slow down, I expect the Police will start investigating cars that seem to produce that error code an awful lot :)

don't worry about it, it's their last stand to keep a failing policy alive. after last weeks case at the ECHR it looks promising that the whole NIP and section 172 request will be deemed illegal and tht speeding (cough) will be a civil offence instead of criminal...i.e no points. (probably have to wait til february for the verdict though).

anyway whatever happens, i, and many others, will continue to fight them and win! :toast:

its now davo - 3, CPS - 0 :thumbsup:

Sadly I don't have any faith in the ECHR to actually uphold the rights of the decent majority of the population. I wouldn't be at all surprised if road 'safety' was found to be more important than the individual's right to silence and S172 was allowed to continue.

Good results v the CPS though :)

I daresay the forthcoming revolution will put paid to any law enforcement in this country. Speeding motorists willl be the least of their worries. :unsure:

What about local radio stations including the mobile van locations in their traffic reports, Signal Radio in Stoke on Trent does this daily, surely thats not illegal else they would have been done for it by now?

I didn't think they were allowed to do that, I always listen to the biggest radio station in Liverpool & during the traffic reports they say something like "We can't really say what it is but there's something on _______ Street that's causing people to slow down, we can't actually tell you what it is but you know what we mean" & kind of go on like that :blink:

I didn't think they were allowed to do that, I always listen to the biggest radio station in Liverpool & during the traffic reports they say something like "We can't really say what it is but there's something on _______ Street that's causing people to slow down, we can't actually tell you what it is but you know what we mean" & kind of go on like that :blink:

I believe by law, police forces are supposed to post up where they are gonna be sat with roadside scameras.

Our local paper publishes the N.oxon and Northants ones round this way at least.

If you look at a lot of police force websites as well, they'll usually have a safety camera section, notifying you of their locations....

I believe by law, police forces are supposed to post up where they are gonna be sat with roadside scameras.

Our local paper publishes the N.oxon and Northants ones round this way at least.

If you look at a lot of police force websites as well, they'll usually have a safety camera section, notifying you of their locations....

Yep :thumbsup: !

They have to notify where they are going to be. If you check your local police website they will be a list hidden on there. However in the small print they do say that they are liable to change without notice :rolleyes:

I have a Laser Jammer and i works 100% of the time, apart from stoping me from getting caught speeding it turns on my garden lights when i get near my house so is legal. by one its so worth it! it can be used to turn on anything up to 500w at you house when you get home in your car, ie electric garage, lights, etc

i got it fron here http://www.solware.co.uk/speed-trap-device...er-jammer.shtml

I has saved me 4 times so far, also 5 other mates of mine have them and they have had same results

• 3 weeks later...

I have saved myself many tickets since I bought mine. Price new was $300 USD. and thats about the price of 1.5 tickets. Didnt save me from getting a $200 ticket for a "supposed" running of a red light. Most of the cops in my area use the KA band so its easy to get a mile warning sometimes. The only time I ever deal with lazer is when Im down in a metro area, even then my detector catches it ahead of time. If you are stopped for anything and the cops sees that detector, good luck, cause you are not getting out of that ticket. Seems to give the cops a sense that you have outright disreguard for the law.

Eating whilst driving,

drink driving,

drugged up driving,

No tax,

No insurance,

Using a non hands free phone etc.

All these are illegal too and they are rarely enforced .

Surely the answer is to enforce the laws already in place, rather than introducing new ones !

:thumbsup: totally agree . Still see so many people using their mobiles .

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links