Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Carina E Fusible Link/fuse Problem

UserError

Hello,

After replacing my water pump on my 96 Carina E ( 3hour job???? more on this in another post) I found that the 100Amp fusible link had blown.

Found it was a Toyota dealer item. After much toing & froing the dealer managed to identify it & ordered it (2 days....)

When it eventally turned up and having parted with over £12, it turned out to be too big.

The dealer maintains there is only 1 100A listed & has gone away to look again (he wouldn't have it, until I faxed him a scan of the old & new side by side).

Anyway, it has gone quiet at their end & I was wondering where else I might be able to obtain this mighty fuse. My original has lugs about 11mm wide, the replacement was nearer 16mm. Other dimensions are the same.

Our local car breaker minces Toyotas straightaway, so no chance of getting one from there.

Can anyone recommend either preferably an independent supplier who carries this sort of thing anywhere on the globe, or a competent Toyota dealer, or a workaround? Presumably other Far-Eastern cars might use these fuses?

In the meantime, the car is stuck on the drive as this is the Mother Of All Fuses & the charging circuit doesn't work without it.

Thanks in advance

Jonathan

Outrageous! I got a quote for £17 inc postage for a thing the size of a couple of dice- a new one only costs £12 (when they eventually get it right)

I had a similar experience with one of these portals where they quoted sixty something pounds for an oil pump & the new Toyota one was seventy something.

Obviously a resource to reserve for desperate times

J

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links