Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Info On A 83' Corolla Gt Twincam (fwd)

Ka0s^

Hi all, I recently aqquired a tatty Corolla GT, paint and plastics a bit messy etc, I only paid 150 pounds for it, but after driving it im intending to restore it then Tune it etc. Problem is im struggling to find places that still stock parts for it, Mainly im after a Speedo cable and the timing cover (bit that fits round crank pulley) as the timings slightly out an ive only set it "by ear" :lol: . If any one can give me any adresses etc id be grateful, and if any1 wants to see the car just shout and ill upload some pics :thumbsup:

EDIT lol its late my cars not 83' its 86' hehehehe :ffs:

not good news, im afraid!

i've got the same car as you, and had similar problems in trying to source parts. fensport still stock quite a large number of parts for the AE82, so try them

however, if the part you're after is a little out of the ordinary, unless you manage to find one in a scrapyard (in which case you're very lucky), you'll have to go through toyota, and that means ££££.

any one lol??????? Thought this board looked quite friendly

give us a chance!

wow thanx for that link i hadnt managed to find them yet so mega thanx. Guess ill have to weigh up the pros and cons...Keep it and have a mint rareish car or break it for parts and not worry lol.

I really dont want to let it go however, cuz (now dont laugh) it absolutely annihalates my regular car a mondeo 2 ltr Si :D

I like the look of the 4AGZE SUPERCHARGED conversion but i think ill just get it looking good and back to standard before i mess with that. Ill keep you all posted on how im doin, help would be apprecuiated so if any1 has any knowledge then let me know :)

well, please keep us informed - as far as i'm aware, you're the only other person with an AE82 on here!

as you say, they are quite a rare car now, and many of the ones left are just sheds. it's entirely up to you as to what to do with the car - the values of them are increasing as is the rarity - for example, a really mint AE82 can be worth more than an average AE92 (the model that replaced it).

what colour is it, out of interest?

you might want to visit this site - rick's graphics. there are some nice ones on there.

mine is a nice car now. it's had one owner from new, 93k and full toyota service hist. i didnt have to spend a huge amount to get it looking proper.

I really dont want to let it go however, cuz (now dont laugh) it absolutely annihalates my regular car a mondeo 2 ltr Si 

they are surprisingly quick! same engine as in the Mk1 Mr2, if you didnt already know.

Thanx JT well to let u know mine is white exactly the same as yours :yes: I think cuz i got the car for such a low orice im gonna put a bit of effort into it. Ill have to get used to working on it tho cuz im used to fords and Vauxhalls, and the engine ive noticed is quite advanced consisderd its a C plate. Ive purchased a manual for it and shorted the two pins to check the fault code reader and that was clear so im happy taht the engines ok(ish) (think the ignition is to advanced), as soon asi manage to track down the timing cover ill be well on my way. First off is the bodywork which has seen better days. If u know of a site that does free hosting ill post some pics for ya JT

this site does. if you look at the top of the page, in the drop down menu, you'll find the gallery. there's another picture of mine there as well (although it's looking better now :D )

im afraid the bodywork is the biggest battle you'll have - this is why most of them have gone. i recently had the windscreen removed and the surround repaired because of it rusting. the tailgate is just starting to go in a couple of places, so that's next.

anyway, good luck mate, and let us know how you get on :thumbsup: (we are a friendly bunch on here! :P )

Ive posted the pic JT its in the misc Gallery page 24. Ill take some better pics later today :thumbsup:

i must admit, i was expecting a lot worse than that for £150! looks like you've got a bit of a bargain there. how many miles has it done?

at the moment, ive only got 2 pics of mine (i think they're on pages 38/39 in the members gallery). i need to get some better ones done (i didnt even wash it).

i wish i'd done what you have, and taken some when i'd bought it, i bet there'd be quite a difference. ive taken the red stripe off mine, as well.

so what's the plan for your car then? let me know (and the rest of the board!) if you get stuck on anything, as if i dont, someone will probably know the answer! :D

I wish you well on the restoration, those cars were quicker, more powerful and cheaper than the Golf Gti when they were released! need to kept good :thumbsup:

will keep u all posted dont worry, its got 90,000 on it JT as far as the last owner told me :blink:

well i spent some of the morning looking at the car to assess whats likely to be needed!

Afetr a closer look i reckon 2 new wings are gonna be on the cards as is a new tailgate, luckily it seems fensport stock most of these so when iget round to taht ill get some ordered! Also the sunroff panel is rusty on 2 corners so i guess that will come out too, for some tlc lol! I cant decide whether to keep it white or go for a diff colour, i havent seen another one aprt from JTs so i havent a clue what colours they came in standard???

Im also looking to get some 16" rims in there, does anyone know the offset for my car????

Afetr a closer look i reckon 2 new wings are gonna be on the cards as is a new tailgate, luckily it seems fensport stock most of these so when iget round to taht ill get some ordered! Also the sunroff panel is rusty on 2 corners so i guess that will come out too

gone in all the usual places then! ;) have a really good poke around where the tailgate hinges are - they go badly there as well. also, make sure the sunroof drain holes are clear

so far as im aware, the offset is ET38.

they came in quite a few colours standard, but white is most common, as for some unknown reason they only colour coded the white ones - all others had black bumpers and bodykits!off the top of my head they came in white, red, silver, mint green (horrible), champagne (horrible), black (limited edition) and possibly grey. there's a really smart red one on that rick's graphics site.

• 11 months later...

i have alot of parts for the corolla gt fwd ae82 call me on - 07866064435 :thumbsup:

Hi guys, i have a gt ae82 at the moment,i have just had it resprayed in silver ,had new wings ,sunroof ,tailgateand drivers door.spent a lot of money on it but it's worth it .as it's one of the best cars i driven they eat most other cars for breakfast in standard form.

i have started to tune it only fitted an k&n custom filter and a custom exhaust to add a bit of noise. will post some pic's of her soon.will keep you gt boys posted :thumbsup: