Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

If You Thought Modifying A Toyota Was Pricey...

Fidgits

fidgits, i was refering to the boxster as the hairdressers car lol

I reckon he was quoting the other Ryan... ;)

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fidgits

• Tom.B

• Jones~32

• Ryan1985

why else would you see so many 911's in GT racing and le mans, and yet no a single boxster... it must be because the latter is faster :rolleyes::toast:

all i'll say Ryan is, you go drive both back to back and then comment...

I can take your point about 911's in GT racing but they aren't just normal 911's are they? They're obviously tuned up. :)

The 911 may be more fun but I'd still rather have a Boxster S as it'd be quicker round a track! :thumbsup:

why else would you see so many 911's in GT racing and le mans, and yet no a single boxster... it must be because the latter is faster :rolleyes::toast:

all i'll say Ryan is, you go drive both back to back and then comment...

I can take your point about 911's in GT racing but they aren't just normal 911's are they? They're obviously tuned up. :)

The 911 may be more fun but I'd still rather have a Boxster S as it'd be quicker round a track! :thumbsup:

And I disagree.

Having driven both (and driven hard) I do not think the Boxster would be faster on a track - unless it was somewhere like Angelsea - but any track like Combe/Silverstone/Thruxton I think the 911 (yes the boring entry boggo version) would be faster.

But then thats the great thing about opinion, everyones entitled to their own :thumbsup:

I cant help but think "ohh cant ye cany afford a 911 i see" when i see a boxster , then think "ahh **** and i cant even afford a damn boxster" :(

correct me if im wong , but im just running the idea up the flag pole and see how it flys, but, it may sound crazy, but isnt a boxster a roadster and the 911 a GT car

correct me if im wong , but im just running the idea up the flag pole and see how it flys, but, it may sound crazy, but isnt a boxster a roadster and the 911 a GT car

actually there is all manner of 'sports' cars that race at Le Mans - and it was just an example...

Whenever you see Porsche racing, its always the 911 - I know of no race series, not even a single model (like clio racing) for the boxster or cayman...

Although i'd love to see the Carrera GT on track :drool: that would be lush!

But obviously someone at Porsche thinks the 911 is a better racing car than either the boxster or cayman..

I had two chaves pull up at the side of me in Hull recently and the passenger said "You must have a small P enis, driving that" so I replied "Ooooooooo, you've been peeping haven't you?" in the most mincing voice I had.

So your comment refers to me as well I suppose ;)

I'll wave my willy anywhere :yes::lol:

:lol::lol: class reply Les!

I cant help but think "ohh cant ye cany afford a 911 i see" when i see a boxster , then think "ahh **** and i cant even afford a damn boxster" :(

Me too - one day maybe :lol:

Gotta love a good ol' debate!

Let me just check I read that properly, you'ld rather drive a baby porsche designed for hair dressers than a real porsche...

Yes, you did read it properly. I reckon the Boxster S would beat Fidgits' 911 round a track! :thumbsup:

You buy a Boxster for one reason - You can't afford a 911 :P :laughing:

Yeah, I agree with that.

I have never been a massive fan of Porsches but completely went off them the day my mate & his mum bought 1 each (he did that with his last car too, the saddo)

Meh....

Get a proper porsche.... Cheap as chips to tune ;) no poncy driver aids either ;)

Althought I'd like an 80s 911 turbo, in guards red, or a black 993 turbo.... anything later just doesn't do it for me.... Living in Henley.. I see a modern porsche and I just think "mid life crisis".

I can't deny the engineering, build of that Porsche finesse.... but I can't shake that feeling...

Why you arguing about a Porsche?? ... They're pump... get a Supra.... :D

x2.......supras rawk :D

Supras do Rock... but so do Porsches :thumbsup:

Which is Why I have one of each ;)

Meh....

Get a proper porsche.... Cheap as chips to tune ;) no poncy driver aids either ;)

Althought I'd like an 80s 911 turbo, in guards red, or a black 993 turbo.... anything later just doesn't do it for me.... Living in Henley.. I see a modern porsche and I just think "mid life crisis".

I can't deny the engineering, build of that Porsche finesse.... but I can't shake that feeling...

I know what you mean, the older 911's have a very soulful feeling... the problem being the offset pedals and stone age interior - and since its my only car that i need to use for work, the more modern water cooled versions were a practical alternative - and if anything, with the modern chassis and extra power they can extract through water cooling the newer ones are faster point to point...

but yes... they lack some of the soul that makes a 911 special..

but yes... they lack some of the soul that makes a 911 special..

My mate bought a 1990 911 a couple of years back. Nice example for £14k---was coming off the motorway when he skidded on a wet sliproad and bounced off both left and right armco barriers. Front and rear of the car wrecked, a write-off, and he had only had it a few months.

Next car was a BMW 5 series!

The problem with those older sports cars is that some drivers just aren't respectful of the power and maybe tricky handling in some cases.

Paul.

I think the biggest thing that gets people is the tyres... Old fashioned cars tend to have old fasioned tyres, especially when you are talking fairly odd sizes that may not be in use anymore.. luckily with perfect 50 50 weight distribution its pretty easy to feed about the place... amazing handling, crap grip... -the most "go kart" like car I have ever driven!

I also think most modern cars are designed to be more "neutral" to drive, posibly losing some of the "sparkle" for a more predictable drive, to apeal to the masses and stay out of court. I thoguht it was a sad day when they tried to make TVRS "grown up" and a bit more sensible to drive :(

• 2 weeks later...

I love Porsche's. When I had my old 200SX I had a play with 3 different 911's. A 94 Carrera, a 996 Carerra 4S Cabriolet and 993 Carerra. I assume the Carerra is the base model?

They all went well but I was quite dissapointed, was expecting them to be quicker. My S13 was around 300bhp, maybe less at the time and I was considerably quicker than all of them. With each one, when they gave me thumbs up :thumbsup:

I'd love one, fair play to you. You thought about fitting a Longlife on it? ha ha :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links