Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Secure Reg Plate Screws

chrisfitton

In my area there has been a spate of reg plate thefts so was wondering if anyone knows where i can get a few from?

Thanks

chris //

Few ways to go with this one,

number plate double sided tape loads of as well as normal screws- makes it more difficult to remove

screws from diy shop that you can screw in but you cant remove- if you want to remove your plates yourself though you're screwed :lol:

pop rivets - then you can drill them out if you want to remove them yourself

Ahhh never thought of using pop rivets. Thanks. :thumbsup:

I heard some police forces are giving tamper proof screws away free.

There was something on our local news about this guy who had developed these new number plates with special fixings.

If you tried to removed the number plate it would come off in two parts like the 'void' stickers you get on mobile phone boxes etc to show that they have been opened.

They showed someone using a crow bar to get it off and they couldn't. They could only remove it so that it came apart as above.

Found this - Linky

Not sure if they are available yet, but the guy is a genius :thumbsup: !

PMSL at the guy trying to remove it in the video :P

My neighbour takes the plates off his car every night to make it harder to nick - I'm not sure how he does it but it only takes a few seconds.

i know it would be a long task to check any pictures that have already been posted but shouldnt we be blanking reg plates from pictures on here.

For instance if i knew someone who made up dodgy plates. i could sell a model specific one.

Or just walk round a car park

true but sitting in a warm house on the internet is easier to find the model you are looking for. it's just that it seems a guaranteed place to get specific reg numbers are owners forums. not just this one. i used to be a member of an astra forum and it was the same. I guess in peoples haste to show their shiney new car or freshly cleaned one they forget to blur them out.

That said a look on the Autotrader site will provide the same results.

Or stay in scotland where you don't need to show any documents to get a number plate made up. If you tell the person who's making the plate what the reg is , they'll make it!

As for the security number plate screws... you can buy them in Halfords!

My neighbour takes the plates off his car every night to make it harder to nick - I'm not sure how he does it but it only takes a few seconds.

Probably just with a screwdriver, that's all I need to take mine off anyway, it takes less than a minute each but as it's not a problem around here I never bother doing it.

We hear of the occasional plate theft around here, but I feel that cloning plates is a big worry too :unsure:

Those secure reg plate screws look like a good idea..

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links