Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tte Lowering Springs

ToTo_17

How much would i expect to pay for springs? Is there a vast difference in price between them and does it merit paying the extra?

Hi there. Is there a vast difference between them and what else?

How much you pay really does depend on where you buy them from and their "provenance". I would assume that if someone like me was selling them on here then I think people would pay a little more money than if they were bidding on them from some faceless e-bayer. Why? Because mine would come from a known source (ie my Yaris and before that Kimi's Yaris), you know they've never been on a car involved in an accident and you know that you're going to get them with no problems. On e-bay you just don't know the story behind them...

Alternatively you could go to Mr T and buy a new set for quite a lot of money. but if I were looking to buy a second-hand set now I'd be expecting to pay £55 to £70 for them.

Do they make a difference? To a "normal" non T-Sport then certainly. Much less roll in corners and the whole car just sits better. Almost all the Yari in the Toyota brochures have them for a start.

Hope that's some sort of help...

:thumbsup:

A

Mines around the same as chris's i think

coileys2.jpg

Again no real problems as long as take speed bumps slow then im fine - the odd very bad road get slight scrub here and there but this is only usually if hitting a bump hard.

sweet ride mate! just wondering wot size wheels ya got there! i've just bought some 15" rota slipstreams and i think they look too small :( so just doing some research to see if its worth lowering or selling the wheels and buying some bigger ones.

heres a pic wot do ya's reckon cheers

post-37014-1172511761_thumb.jpg

sweet ride mate! just wondering wot size wheels ya got there! i've just bought some 15" rota slipstreams and i think they look too small :( so just doing some research to see if its worth lowering or selling the wheels and buying some bigger ones.

heres a pic wot do ya's reckon cheers

Lower it, definitely! :thumbsup: Will be much better handling and will look good as well! :yes:

cheers mate, might go for the tein springs 35mm front and 38mm rear! was going to go 40mm all round but don't want any scrubbing!

Good choice of Tein! You'll be satisfied... :)

40mm on 16's shouldn't scrub with the right offset. But the teins are the best springs out. I had them on my 1.3 and they were great.

Now i've got my t-sport i'm on tein coliovers and they are better still.

Chucks car is on envy coilovers and very low. I'd imagine his scrubs with passengers in the back. And he has 16inch wheels.

16's are the ideal size wheels, 15's look to small and 17's are too big.

Envy coilovers don't scrub - the springs are too stiff to let it. Neither do they ground out like the Teins coilovers for exactly the same reason.

The slipstreams are gorgeous. Lower it and you'll see that your car will look damn good.

A

Does anyone know the spring rates of the tien coilovers?

Also any have an idea on the damping charachteristics or where i could find them?

Brad =)

Tein spring rates are 2.6kgf/mm on Front and 2.3kgf/mm on rear (146 and 129 respectively for spring rates in lbs/in).

EDIT: Sorry the above is for S-tech's not coileys my mistake!

Also the dampening characteristics are best discovered by a ride in someones car who has them fitted!