Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis Fuel Consumption

Keithb

Just acquired Avensis 1.8 VVTi Estate 02 model Came with SAT NAV - ex demo probably. I've sorted everything on computer display except fuel calculation. I managed to zero the "overall consumption" display and that works fine. When I move on to the next fuel display I can't zero it and it displays figures which change every few seconds and jumps about from 10mpg to 99.9 mpg. Any Ideas? :help:

Thats how it works.. it shows instantaneous consumption.. updated every 2 seconds i think...

The instantaneous shows as it is, and the average shows fuel consumption over a set time, which you decide. So you might reset it - drive for a week then see what your average consumtion is over that period. :thumbsup:

I could understand if the instantaneous figure varied slightly but it jumps about dramatically up and down while I am cruising steadily. Anyway, I haven't had a chance to investigate fully for a few days. Watch this space!

:)

Yup, mine does the same..... foot off gas = 99.99mpg , foot to floor = 9mpg and in between its jumping about all over the place... i find it pretty much useless to be honest...

sjrainsford mentioned that the interval between readings can be altered.... how do you do that please?

this is really easy guys!!! mpg stands for miles per gallon. So, if you hit the gas, you will travel less miles with one gallon of petrol, but if you stay off the gas pedal you can travel far more!!! Got it?? this type of measurement is alot more accurate than the average litres/100 km!! I use it all the time and watch it carefully!!!!

post-4-1060954407.jpg

I partly agree with that, but over a set mileage the average gives a more accurate reading of what you are using.

The instantaneous gives a good reading of what you are using at that point in time. So its usefull if you want to save fuel because you can watch how you are driving, and hopefully adopt driving styles to keep that figure as high as possible.

:thumbsup:

I never use instantaneous display! Leave mine on AVG reading & monitor on that.

Find the AVG speed fairly useless as well.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links