Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Screeching Noises From The Front Of Avensis

bbmad

Hi

Recently my Totota Avensis GS VVTI (2001) is making loud screeching noises from the front of the vehicle, when stationary. The noise is coming from the belts and pulleys; there is rust on the pulleys. I went to one garage and he stated that the water pumps needs replacing, as there is water on the panels.

Can this have a detrimental affect on the car or cause further damage? I am a bit short of money at the moment!!! Most garages i visited want to spend half a day diagnosing the problem and want to charge me a full days labour; rogues!

Cheers

Majid

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds silly, bit Toyota use cheapish belts (this is the truth) the sound might actually be the back of the belt rubing on the tenoiner pulley, i say (and i have done it too) pour a bit of coke a cola on the smoth side of the belt when the enging is running (it's a lot cheaper than buying belt dressing and it does the same)............ after this you'll find the squeeking will stop......... trust me on this, as silly as it sounds it works, let me and everyone else know how ya goes, bit it sound cure your problem.

Alternator belts and belt tensioners are common problems on old shape avensis, can be abit pricey (£60+)

Try the coke trick or put chalk on the belt to stop the noise for a while :thumbsup:

Try the coke trick or put chalk on the belt to stop the noise for a while :thumbsup:

I find talcum powder does a good job as well!

//mucker