Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Small Niggly Problems With Avensis 03+

uumode

I have a rattling ratchet type noise from the fuel gauge when it powers on or off

(key is moved to and from position 2 in the ignition - i.e. power on)

It only makes the noise when the needle quickly moves up to it's parked position, and when it drops down from it's parked position to zero.

Then I have my slightly squealing brakes which I have booked in twice at the dealers only to cancel because they didn't squeal on the day (typical).

and my faint electronic high frequency hum that occurs at 40mph to sort, (could be an earth issue)

and my rear hatch which makes a groaning noise when I first open the hatch (when it's closed again it doesn't make the noise again until left alone for a long time) so it's difficult for a technician to trace?

None of the others affect me except for the groaning hatch. Usually a fisrt thing in the morning thing. I wonder if damp gets onto the struts overnight then groans when the hatch opens and the struts pump apart?

Afraid it could be a case of overnight stay outside the car dealer so technician can replicate the problem first thing in the morning.

I may try a rub of WD40 of the struts though.....

My instrument panel makes the exact same noise as though the guages are clockwork. I never considered it a fault though so would be interested in knowing if it is.

Just sounds like the struts want a bit of WD40 to me as runboy suggests.

My brakes squeeeeel also even after 2 trips to garage.

No hummm though.

I too have the brake squeal under light braking, i'll ask at work when i get it serviced in december to have a look. There are some anti squeal shims that can be fitted to stop this. My dials only make a clicking noise has they light up thats seems normal, the corolla's do the same thing. Has for the hatch i've allways owned hatchbacks and they all tend to make a groaning noise. The only noise that worries me most is the rattel from the base of the steering column, but it wont do it when taken to local dealer or i ask one of the techs at work to have a look.

I have a rattling ratchet type noise from the fuel gauge when it powers on or off

(key is moved to and from position 2 in the ignition - i.e. power on)

It only makes the noise when the needle quickly moves up to it's parked position, and when it drops down from it's parked position to zero.

Then I have my slightly squealing brakes which I have booked in twice at the dealers only to cancel because they didn't squeal on the day (typical).

and my faint electronic high frequency hum that occurs at 40mph to sort, (could be an earth issue)

and my rear hatch which makes a groaning noise when I first open the hatch (when it's closed again it doesn't make the noise again until left alone for a long time) so it's difficult for a technician to trace?

My T-Spirit with just 6k miles on the clock had brake squeal at low speed and I have just had it into my local Toyota Agency. They said it was'nt the brake shims and they just put new pads on the front brakes under warranty.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links