Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Worst Car On Sale On The Web...

Fidgits

This popped up on another forum - and at first looked to be a bargin until the car's history became apparant.

and yes, its Porsche related, and im sorry, so if you dont like it, dont read any further..

It's a 996 GT2 up at £49,995

(advertised with 20k on the clock and no history)

So, it seems like a bargin (GT2's with 50k miles are going for 60k+) if you can live with the missing history...

Until it was pointed out the original owner was 'lonman' of Gumball fame.

the car has done the European, African and US gumball, as well as a couple of cannonballs.

Lonman is quoted as saying, he never serviced it in its first 3 years as he just 'fixed it when it broke' rather than every 6k as required...

gumball68.jpg

and if your thinking the gumball doesnt mean it hasnt been abused, have a look at it on the european one: http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=...2&q=996+GT2

And this of the us one: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=35...11&q=lonman

On film at 180mph: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOWG-SnKn68

Although he apparantly hit 208mph in Africa.

And he then sold the car 2 years ago with 23k on the clock!

Since then - apart from obviously 'loosing' 3000 miles, its also had 2 owners, a couple of accidents (one serious front end shunt allegedly) and been banned from the 'ring due to dangerous driving!

and remember, this car is 50 grand! :o

that guy in the porsche is a proper....

250px-Rooster_1_AB.jpg

and no its not a chicken, it rhymes with block....

I was about to say did they cut out the stop offs for petrol ..... till it got to the end :lol: !

That video was awsome though :drool::drool: !

That mondeo was good to :lol: !

I'm not being funny, but if I had a car of that calibre I'd rag the balls off it myself (only on track though, obviously).

But anyway, [awful fake Australian accent] Call that the worst car on for sale in the internet? THAT is the worst car on for sale in the internet [/awful fake Australian accent] :sick:

I'm not being funny, but if I had a car of that calibre I'd rag the balls off it myself (only on track though, obviously).

Of course you would...

But theres a difference between spending £110,000 on a car and using it as it was intended... and spending that much money on a car and not bothering to service it, even though you have done over 170mph consistantly for weeks on end and topped out at 206mph...

Of course you would...

But theres a difference between spending £110,000 on a car and using it as it was intended... and spending that much money on a car and not bothering to service it, even though you have done over 170mph consistantly for weeks on end and topped out at 206mph...

Yeah, fair point

[awful fake Australian accent] Call that the worst car on for sale in the internet? THAT is the worst car on for sale in the internet [/awful fake Australian accent] :sick:

Kev's winning hands down !

Is the paint really called Spackflash?? :!Removed!:

I remember seeing it on Men and Motors and he was donutting for like 10 mins none stop :eek: Good fun :thumbsup:

Rash.

But anyway, [awful fake Australian accent] Call that the worst car on for sale in the internet? THAT is the worst car on for sale in the internet [/awful fake Australian accent] :sick:

I've seen that thing close-up in Nottingham a few times. Can't fault the quality of the workmanship, but it looks damn awful!

I want to sell my car as i got band from driving for 1 year.

Not surprised - I wonder if he got "band" from school for his appalling maths and spelling as well as the local Specsavers, as he obviously needs his eyes examined if thats a stunning example of a Golf! :rolleyes:

A car he bought for £6,500 selling for £8,495?? That maths is atrocious, he needs sending to the headmasters office for the cane! :lol:

Its got 5 doors!

ec_12_s.JPG

Yeah but to be fair he has removed the door handles from the rear of the car so you can only use the front ones :huh:

Its not a bad boy bonnet, its an ANGRY bonnet so told.

230bhp? Fastest Golf in the UK? What about Golf R32s... which a chip they will have more power easily. And if his is among the fastest, must be alot of them cause £600 is pretty cheap for ALL that extra power wouldnt you say?

The wheels make me sick, the colour scheme makes me sick.

Only thing I do like is the intall and use of Alpine Products, it does look good.

That paint job is awful. Thank god they stopped halfway down! ;)

Makes the car look like its 'half-finished', dont know which is worse!! My word, what has this person done to this poor car, proper shafted it! that kit is just awful!

If i had the money i would buy it then completely strip the car off its aftermarket bits, and replace them wiht oem parts. And going by the prices stated on eBay (which i doubt is 100% correct) i would make a few bob by selling the aftermarket parts! get that rubbish paint off, and get it looking bog standard again and i believe i would still be able to sell it for more!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links