Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Brake Lights

Iain l

Hi, I have just noticed that my brake lights still work with the ignition off and even with the keys in my pocket.

Is this normal?

Iain

Lol just HOW did you notice that? park in front of a mirror? I've never noticed meself, gonna hafta go check now!

Lol just HOW did you notice that? park in front of a mirror? I've never noticed meself, gonna hafta go check now!

I was tapping the brake pedal to a piece of music whilst parked. I saw a reflection of light and though thats weird its in time with me!!!!

All I can say though is if it is normal, why??

I was tapping the brake pedal to a piece of music whilst parked. I saw a reflection of light and though thats weird its in time with me!!!!

All I can say though is if it is normal, why??

Didn't know it happened on the Avensis, but it happened on my Polo. (Depends on the car.... doesn't happen on my Mercedes). Also on the Avensis you can have dipped beam with the engine off, as you can on my Mercedes, but not on my Polo or my previous Audi.

But on the subject of quirkiness, normally fuel tank gauges have half and quarter graduations, no wonder I thought my last quarter tank was going rapidly, it wasn't my last quarter! Then there are the odd ball length windscreen wipers?? and always on instrumentation panel which can't be dimmed!!!! (sometimes the intensity is a bit much for me) You can control the intensity of the lights on mode, but in rather coubik graduations in digital steps rather than a smooth gradual analogue knob, so the setting for my preferred night setting is too bright or too dark. But even on the my preferred bright setting it is much dimmer than the lights off mode - this irritates me when driving in overcast conditions which requires use of side lights (or dipped lights) I can see the intsruments clearly when the lights are off, but to increase my visibility I switch my lights on, and my instrumentation gets dimmer, when I actually need it a bit brighter in the overcast conditions!

The other irritating thing the Optitron instrumentation has trained me to leave my lights on!! :wacko: I hardly ever realise I've left my lights on now, and rely heavily on the lights on warning buzzer. In previous cars I know I have the lights on since the instrumentation panel is on.

Another quirky thing is the electric window lock on cars equipped with 4 windows. In Audi, VW and Mercedes I've had the window lock disables window activation for passengers (acting as a child lock e.g. kids in rear) but retains control for the driver. The Avensis locks out the driver as well from controlling the other windows.

It is normal (at least on my Avensis is the same )

About windows - it is trully irritating especially when you found opened window when you out of the car.....

To solve the problem i put 'auto closer' electronic switch, which is connected to auto-alarm...

Now it is very easy - just push remote control and you know that car is locked and also all windows will be closed.... :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links