Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Timing Chain Life?

chrisb1976

Hi,

My T-sport (2001) has done 96,000miles and I read somewhere on the net that the timing chain should be replaced every 100,000miles and costs £350!!!!! :eek:

Anyone shed any light on this. I always thought they lasted ages longer, but maybe I'm wrong? and £350 is a lot of money (for me anyway!) although less than a new engine!

Cheers,

Chris.

Im on 110k without issues ...

Ive asked the question many times and had varying responses... some saying it was 100k others saying it never needed replaced. Im planning some serious work enginewise early next year and will probably do it then as a matter of course...

i'm sure in the yaris handbook it says to check at either 80k or 100k, but being a chain it should not need replacing, that's why a chain is better than a belt, as they don't wear, and a chain failure is less common than a belt failure.

ask at toyota

grey area

should me maintanance free, for life really, but does need checking to be sure that the tensioner hasnt worn or the oil jets have blocked

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links