Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Xenon Conversion

clawhamer

Hi. everybody

Did anyone ever try the bi xenon conversion bulbs (seems to be a replacement for H4 double filament for headlight and dip beam) on e bay.

Does any one have any experience of this type of bulb.

thank you.

Hi. everybody

Did anyone ever try the bi xenon conversion bulbs (seems to be a replacement for H4 double filament for headlight and dip beam) on e bay.

thank you.

Not tried xenon but I once bought Ring bulb upgrades. There are several grades but these were the ones in the black and red blister packs and they were surprisingly good.

REgards

Can anyone explain what are bi xenon bulbs ?

Tried to improve the lights on my last car and got a set of phillips vision plus bulbs. Turned out to be a waste of time and money as hardly any different from standard bulbs. I'm wondering if a HID conversion kit would look good on the RAV seen them advertised for £300. Anyone tried these ?

Rob

Thanks anchorman.

I tried the blue xenon ordinary bulbs on my last car VW Golf and they were a complete waste of money.No light or no distance, just a design on the roadsides. I think they were about £13 for 4

This is a bi xenon conversion kit and costs £120+£20 postage for H4 bulbs. Would like to know more before I part with the readies. thank you

Can anyone explain what are bi xenon bulbs ?

Tried to improve the lights on my last car and got a set of phillips vision plus bulbs. Turned out to be a waste of time and money as hardly any different from standard bulbs. I'm wondering if a HID conversion kit would look good on the RAV seen them advertised for £300. Anyone tried these ?

Rob

Hi 1878

From what I understand bi xenon seem to be a complete change of bulb system with their own relay kit that connects to your headlight plug with both headlight and dip working off one bulb, same as H4. Single xenon would be for cars with 2 separate lights on every side.

Hi. everybody

thank you.

Some users over the pond in WWW.RAV4World.com have installed the HID kits and also pictures to show the outcome...

:thumbsup:

Hi. everybody

thank you.

Some users over the pond in WWW.RAV4World.com have installed the HID kits and also pictures to show the outcome...

:thumbsup:

Are they the same? I thought that HID were gas discharge, the blue/white ones that some German cars have on and "strike up" when switched on. I think they need a whole new light unit.

Clawhammer, Maybe this what you do mean as the cost of £300 seems high to me.

Going back to those bulb conversions, the plain white were noted to be brighter than the blue as some was lost in the colouration of the glass (according to Auto Express).

Regards

Are they the same? I thought that HID were gas discharge, the blue/white ones that some German cars have on and "strike up" when switched on. I think they need a whole new light unit.

Going back to those bulb conversions, the plain white were noted to be brighter than the blue as some was lost in the colouration of the glass (according to Auto Express).

Regards

Hi anchorman

These seem to be a complete HID replacement kit for to change to xenon lights without changing your present headlight reflectors or lenses, just the bulbs. If you type hid conversion lights on eBay you will see what I mean. Also WWW.RAV4World.com (thank you chatman for link) there is also lots of feedback for these most of it seems good

Regards

Hi anchorman

These seem to be a complete HID replacement kit for to change to xenon lights without changing your present headlight reflectors or lenses, just the bulbs. If you type hid conversion lights on eBay you will see what I mean. Also WWW.RAV4World.com (thank you chatman for link) there is also lots of feedback for these most of it seems good

Call me bostik pockets but £300 good? I would want daylight streaming out of the front of my car for that! :yes:

I have not fitted HIDs to the RAV, but tried them on the Jeep, got them from http://www.hids4u.co.uk/

The kit was very well made and the light is very very bright, no comparison to replacement/improved filament bulbs.

The wire that would normally go to the bulb plugs into the ballast. This then generates the 23,000 volts or so for the hid bulb, which simply plugs into the ballast and fits into the standard headlamp with no modifiations, well not on the Jeep anyway.

If the car has a combined low/high beam in one bulb, I believe the HID bulb is on a solenoid, which physically moves the bulb into the high beam position.

If changing cars, I'd get one HIDs again.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi. everybody

thank you.

yes ive had the blue xenon bulbs and side light bulbs in for over a week now, i think they are mint. and were only a tenner from eBay. time will tell i suppose but as of now they are very bright and have a blue tint

• 1 month later...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links