Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Excessive Moisture Inside Of Windscreen

Hill

Hi,

I've got excessive moisture inside of windscreen in the morning.

I've had the car Previa GL auto 1995/6 for almost 5 years. This is causing a problem in the morning as it takes a long time in the morning to clear it. Have to let the engine run until the heating is warm enough to clear it. It is not cold weather, we do have a river 300m away, but until this year I never had a problem.

Is there anything I could do to either stop or minimize this.

Thanks

Hi,

I've got excessive moisture inside of windscreen in the morning.

I've had the car Previa GL auto 1995/6 for almost 5 years. This is causing a problem in the morning as it takes a long time in the morning to clear it. Have to let the engine run until the heating is warm enough to clear it. It is not cold weather, we do have a river 300m away, but until this year I never had a problem.

Is there anything I could do to either stop or minimize this.

Thanks

Hi -

I know that an anti-fogging spray does exist, which you normally use on your spectacles which prevents the lenzes from steaming up. I don't know what the name is though.

Perhaps leaving the airvents open which will allow the warm air to escape may reduce the problem.

Have you checked for any broken seals where the moisture could be seeping through?

Erwin

2 min or less with the aircon should clear it... Check your windshield rubber, you should have a leak somewhere...

yeah, aircon dries out the air, so put it on recirc and run it.

The anti-fog stuff is available at Halfords ( or motorbike shops for the inside of Visors ) but you shouldn't really need it on a recent car. It does sound like you may have a seal issue somewhere. Are any of the carpets damp?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links