Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What Does A Car Mean To You?

Yarisboy

If a car doesn't mean very much to you, and it's as simple as a means of getting from A-B... you'd probably buy something plain and bland (not going to mention any cars by names as an example so as not to upset anyone :rolleyes: )

Seeing as this is a car enthuiast forum i'm expecting some in-depth answers to the question poised :)

for example, do you have your car because it says something about you?...

Does the car you own/drive reflect your personality/taste/ideals ?

Is it simply a display of wealth? :o

Also, with all the talk of speed limits in other threads, why do people have fast cars if they stick religiously to the limits all the time? (someone must be lying...;))

Looking forward to your replies.

My dad carried the opinion that a car should get you from A to B but in his hay day he has had E-Types, Spitfires and allsorts.

I think a car reflects on how you want to be seen in the public.. it shows you what your priorities are eg.. back seats, 5 or 2 doors..

I think all cars should be exciting but pretty much most of them aren't so I steer clear of standard cars like mondaos and the like..

Modding a car is also a very personal touch.. esp when you have bought you car as standard.. choosing your wheels and bodykit also reflects on your personality and how you want people to see you.

I think my MR2 makes me look a bit richer than I am..lol. Some people think I have another job on the side and that my car is worth £10k..

I admit I'm a bit of a poser and spent lots at the weekend on fuel just driving around with the roof off.. I get a buzz when I turn peoples heads.

I have always been into cars and I have always wanted the best car I can afford.. I'm happiest when I'm behind the wheel..

Regarding the speed limits, I say its nice getting to 30mph or 60mph as fast as you can.. I'm too scared to drive over the limit anyway!

Hi sam

Well this is a great question you have set here buddy :thumbsup: Well for me my car is my pride and joy next to my wife lorraine. I think i brought the yaris as it was sporty looking but not over the top. The yaris is a agile car and is quick on it's feet. Very similar to me. I once had a nissan almera w reg. Great car but i really couldn't feel at home with it.

Why as the car was blane and not really me. I wanted something sporty to match me. So i can really say i brought the car as my wife had a sporty number and i just had to have one as well. For the last 9 years i have had a sporty number with bucket seats. Somethink you could go around bends in it fast. And the nissan almera wasn't doing it for me :crybaby:

jerry!!

Great points guys, really agree and relate to the pride and public image values.

Surely there's nothing worse than getting up every morning and getting dressed, walking outside ur door and seeing a car you can't stand driving, it's got to be something that puts a smile on your face :yes:

My car has a TON of meaning to me.. if someone dogs on my car.. they dog on me.. ya know? I feel as tho.. since i've put over 5 grand into.. I should have some sort of feelings for it.. lol..

but yea.. my car even has a name (Cassidy) .. she's my baby.. I dont know what i'd do if i wrecked it.. or somethin.. ya know? I 'd prob. wanna die! :( ... but yea.. my car is my baby.. plain and simple!

cya

!Removed! hell thats a personal question if there ever was one and thanl :censor: (notice the censor there vtrick) I've been drinking...

Wat does my car eman to me...

When I was 21 I passed my test and even after smashin a fmaily 2 before getting my license I was given one (ok lucky sod I know) snce then the car has seen me through thick and thin, when Iconsidered killing myself in a car then two wouldnt let me down (hence frist 3 crashes)...

The two's I've had hjave always been in good condition but out of the 8 2's I've had for some reason this one means more to me than any other. Yes it is a lovely car (opiniated of course), yes it turns head, and yes it is !Removed! good fun on track...

The thought of giving this one up and moving on to something smaller is kicking me in the gut and will be the reason I wont be posting on this forum for some time to come......

The car you drive reflects a great deal on your personality, who you really are and how much pride you take in yourself....

As for now, will speak to you guys when I'm ready, good luck with the forum and hope to see you agina in the future,.....

Okay, long answer guys...

I first fell in love with cars when I was 3, my Auntie had a TR7 converatble... remember I was 3 and it had pop-up headlights...

2 months and 4 days after my 17th birthday, I passed my driving test.. and cos I was a student, I got cars that i could afford...

The Lex is really the first car I have bought where I got exactly what I wanted...

What does it mean.... well, it means independence, freedom and an expression of myself..

I don't think a car is a ***** extension, but a car can tell you a lot about the owner.. and not just the make/model/gti etc.. but the condition etc..

I think my Lex is an extension of me... and not because it's a lex or anything, but because I care for it and look after it, and in return, it gives me freedom...

What does it say about me? Well I bought it because i love the way it looks, and it is full of luxury... it makes me feel good in myself having leather etc... as if I'm spoiling myself...

I like to be a bit different, and have never been a sheep... which I think is reflected in my choice of car...

fidgits face it you bought the car for similar reasons to me...

Your a tart, you just havent admited it yet....

I was lucky in that the 2 was a car ive had since is tarted driving and it is a stunning car (:censor: off to anyone who says otherwise) it means a hell of a lot to you and i hope you dont end up in the same boat as im in now...

passed my test at 17.. was the first out of anyone at school... so it meant FREEDOM! ( was an MG metro with whit hubcaps and 2 12" subs LOL)

got my first soarer at 17 (woohoo) at that time it was a statis symbol.. esp as I was into hip hop and many a tune mentioned a "lex coupe"......

the soarer got a bit to expensive to run so I bought and "econimical" fiesta van and kitted it up... that in its self was a :censor: you status symbol.... the 2 12" subs were in it.. big evo vent.. "fast ford" feature... looked mean.. goot looks..

the fiesta was now a show car.... so I needed a runaround.....

step in my first mk3 supra.... £800 from readong auction for a reasonable G plater.....

at this point I was officially the daddy.... 18. 3 kick ***** cars.. they were defo a status symbol... BLing Bling Bruster.. that was me....

then my usual luck took a grip.

lent my lex to a mate.. he smashed it.... and emigrated ithout paying.... that was the end of that!

the fiesta? frnt tyre blow out at 80 put it thru 3 trees.... bye bye......

left me with the supra....... and I blew the engine!!!!!!!

I since bought anouther supra.. another soarer and a polo.... polo went bang.. my black roofless supra went bang... sold the soarer.. I now have a mondeo ST220 :( :( :( :( :(

I'll add the FORD is not mine.. its a company car... for 10 days..... my black TT supra blew 2 days ago :(

The thought of giving this one up and moving on to something smaller is kicking me in the gut and will be the reason I wont be posting on this forum for some time to come......

As for now, will speak to you guys when I'm ready, good luck with the forum and hope to see you agina in the future,.....

Mate you aint going anywhere...

Been a super mod for a Vauxhall site for so long and I havent owned one in 3 years.... whatever you decide to buy.. you need to stay.

Karma supra those st220's are good cars! just because it's a mondeo it shouldn't be instantly dismissed lol

Jappy is right Ryan you've made too much of a contribution here to leave :)

Well, this week the car means loads money on petrol, washing, oil...

One of those expensive mileage weeks.........

Other than that - IT's a Celica. I love the car and I love to drive it.

Karma supra those st220's are good cars! just because it's a mondeo it shouldn't be instantly dismissed lol

actually but been out driving it (read ragging the :censor: out of it) its actually quite nice!!!!!

I'd forgoten what torque steer felt like tho.....

sure gets looks as it has gull graphics all over it!!!!

my car also means a lot to me maybe not quite as much as my partner and children but its close.

i think cars say a lot about the people that drive them, they are an extension of you.

good question,finding the right answer for me is a bit like soul searching.

on one hand it means the world to me,on the other hand it does'nt,all depends on what kind of mood im in ;)

but no matter how foul a mood im in going for a spin always helps cheer me up :lol:

i love nice cars to bit's except ford's (sorry any ford drivers out there i just don't like them) but i know in my heart that my glanza is'nt the best car in the world or the worst.

when i see a rubbish car i feel great about it,but when i see a gorgeous car/drive a gorgeous machine it does'nt feel the same for awhile at least :(

i guess it's hard to explain :lol:

As a designer the way things look is very important to me also I like to be a bit different and not follow the crowd so my Sera fits the bill on those points, but a car generally gives me freedom and excitement and most of the cars I've had have made me very proud. :thumbsup:

I've always said if you look after your car it will serve you well in years to come :thumbsup:

jerry!!