Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Recommend A Supercharger For '95 Celica Convertibl

bkaspar01

Hey all....I'm a newbie here but I've been reading up and think I want to add a supercharger to my '95 toyota celica convertible. What price range will a supercharger run me and about how much should I pay to have it installed? Can anyone point me to any good deals online? Maybe I'm looking in the wrong places....but I haven't been able to find any superchargers for my '95 toyota celica GT convertible. Thanks so much! :thumbsup:

When i had a 98 GT i was looking for a turbo/supercharger also.

The only problem is your gonna find that there are VERY few places that do turbos and superchargers for the 3s-ge. I assume thats the engine you have. If you have a 3s-fe i wouldnt even bother because the engine probably would never take the boost pressure.

At the end of the day it will probablt cost less and be better to get a 3S-GTE to replace your engine.

But i always say "If it was meant to have a turbo it would have one". :lol:

Good luck :thumbsup:

I have the 4cylinder, 2.2 liter engine I believe. Can you give me any ballpark estimate of what I'd be spending each way? thanks so much

When i had a 98 GT i was looking for a turbo/supercharger also.

The only problem is your gonna find that there are VERY few places that do turbos and superchargers for the 3s-ge. I assume thats the engine you have. If you have a 3s-fe i wouldnt even bother because the engine probably would never take the boost pressure.

At the end of the day it will probablt cost less and be better to get a 3S-GTE to replace your engine.

But i always say "If it was meant to have a turbo it would have one". :lol:

Good luck :thumbsup:

Any engine can be supercharged!! Used to work for Vickers. now Eaton and your looking at ££££££££££'s just to buy the thing.

Yeah ok technically any engine can be supercharger or turbo charged. But generally n/a engines arent strong enough to run a good level of boost because the manufacturers dont design their internals for it.

The way i look at it, the chances are fitting a turbo also means you need to upgrade your internals to take the pressure. If thats the case then its gonna be a lot of $£$£$£$.

I've never met anyone that has supercharged a car. I understand that not as much needs upgrading because the boost levels are lower than a turbo. Dont really know, oh well.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links