Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help

zaf50

Hi guys hope you can help have had my avensis for 3 years. 2001 1.8 vvti.

Car was not used for 6 months and hence tax and mot expired. Now when recently started it no probs starting but the engine management light has come on and the engine is shaking herenderously.

Thought it may be an oxygen sensor has car is smoking slightly. Took to a local mechanic who told me that it was the head but there is no mixing of oil and water.

Here then removed the head had it skimmed and pressure teseted guess what its fine. He now thinks its the cylinder block?

One engineer said the the block is beyond repair the other said its okay?

Any advise would be greatly appreaciated.

I had a motor a while back whose engine shook horribly as well. It turned out to be a spark plug that wasn't sparking, so it was only running on three cylinders!

Worth a try?

As above, had same problem (among many others) years ago with a Fiesta, turned out to be spark plug leads, one was knackered so engine only firing on 3 cylinders. This also caused a lot of smoke when engine was cold.

Hi guys thanks for your help new plugs, oil and air filters have serviced the car even swapped the injectors arou nd still made no difference baffled was thinking could be linked to ECU or oxygen sensors but does not explain why the engine lausing compression

OK at high revs

Is your engine light on??

If so, is there a code associated with it?

If it's an electrical issue (other than spark plugs ) it will illuminate your engine check light. Otherwise, it could be spark plugs, head gasket ( cooling seeping into cylinder ) or even a loose/corroded connection on one of the ignition coils.

:thumbsup:

yes engine management light is on and I think it is an electrical fault don't know what though, according to the manual it states take your main dealer if light displays

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links