Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I Am Fed Up With The Press

caen fred

Do you lack torque? I don't, if I wanted raw torque I wouldn't drive a 1800cc car of 192 hp? Beside the max output number isn't that great but it's still one of (if not) the best of all 1800cc, no? And important, the rating low down on the curve are far from bad, and in fact better than most of 2000cc no VVTI. So why are they always picking the corolla on it's lack of torque... My glass is half way full and I like it this way, and f..k the press if they think it's half empty :wacko:

For the press, it's mostly the French one as I haven't read UK's one on the CTS... Here, plaiding for the CTS is a lost cause, they think the 206 RC is a Diva :!Removed!:

Do you lack torque? I don't, if I wanted raw torque I wouldn't drive a 1800cc car of 192 hp? Beside the max output number isn't that great but it's still one of (if not) the best of all 1800cc, no? And important, the rating low down on the curve are far from bad, and in fact better than most of 2000cc no VVTI. So why are they always picking the corolla on it's lack of torque... My glass is half way full and I like it this way, and f..k the press if they think it's half empty :wacko:

For the press, it's mostly the French one as I haven't read UK's one on the CTS... Here, plaiding for the CTS is a lost cause, they think the 206 RC is a Diva :!Removed!:

I can totally share your anger on this topic...have you read the top gear road test on the compressor??????? They just can't see when toyota have done something a bit different and done well.................its all type-r's and clio's st's etc etc etc.............

They just see the word "corolla" and think its gotta be sh&t before they have even got in it so its on a loser from the start.............But my fellow cts'ers its back down to us............ showing other hot hatch owners exactly what the cts can do!!!

There is a lad who lives near me. Never knew him until i went out on my girlfriend.......one of her mates brithday hw was there. First thing he said was "love your car!" i was like eh???? do u know what a t sport is? HE said well i didn't but i was behind you in my 106gti ready to blow you away when we got to the dual carridgeway but you left me for dead. After that he said as soon as he got on he was straight on the net looking for what a T-Sport?? was?? and now he wants one himself.

So if the press won't big the car up we'll have to keep showing everyone else what it really can do...............................

Happy motoring people!

A lot of ignorant people cannot group the words 'Corolla' and 'performance' in the same sentence :rolleyes:

It suits me, I just enjoy educating these people on the road :thumbsup:

I think they pick on the corolla because all the competition are mostly better handling, stripped down, ghetto interior with rock hard suspension cars.

To be honest I think its a good thing as it reduces the ratio of scrotes in nova's trying to race you :)

Guys I love my car and to be honest i didnt buy mine for the pick up in 4th gear from low speed. Although it aint actually that bad. The corolla ts has one of the highest torque per liter outputs of any normall apirated engine and is bettered only by exotica like the m3 and other full on performance cars. As for the civic type r its not as high as the corolla (suprised!) and peak only comes in around 1200 rpm lower anyway. :thumbsup:

It does annoy me that the car doesnt get the respect if deserves, but on the flip side its kinda nice knowing that the muppet in his XR3i, nova, saxo VTS, Mini etc is going to get owned by my T-Sport!!! :D

And they never saw it comming, l never get tired of seeing peoples faces as you out power there heap LOL

And yes the T-Sport does have low torque, but who cares its a 1.8 not a super car!!!! Yes we know that it doesnt handle as well as the CTR but at least you dont need your spine replacing every time you drive the car.

l love my T-Sport its a joy to drive, be it crusing at 40 or tearing it up doing 70+ And l will continue to educate other drivers on the road what a T-Sport is and what it can do. :yahoo:

totally agree with you all love mine to bit's, ts are not magnets for the thieving joy riders like the type r is happy with the performance but could sound a bit more sporty, there not as common as the type r thank god.and the street boy's don't want to race you as they think it's just a corrolla. till you chew them up and spit them out. :lol:

• 2 months later...

True the media slate the car and its not sporty enough, it looks bland, it could have more......well F**k them as mines wiped the smile off quite a few boy racers that try and have a go!

My mates were the same, its bland and its a grandads car blah blah blah - they have all changed their minds now though :-) Hidden power :-) and the other good thing about bad press is that boy racing neds wont touch the car and that keep our insurance lower

True the media slate the car and its not sporty enough, it looks bland, it could have more......well F**k them as mines wiped the smile off quite a few boy racers that try and have a go!

My mates were the same, its bland and its a grandads car blah blah blah - they have all changed their minds now though :-) Hidden power :-) and the other good thing about bad press is that boy racing neds wont touch the car and that keep our insurance lower

Yet another person not happy with the negative press.

I think the whole motoring journalist industry need to listen to the owners more often and not judge a car from one test drive of which is likely done by someone who has no idea what the TS is all about, also the fact that they need to iron out the inconsistent "praise" they give to cars like TYPE R because both the CTS and CTR employs a very similar engine setup. They just dont get the point that the CTS needs to be driven with skill and thoughts, not something that has so much power/torque that could be driven by some total bafoon not knowing how to stay in a power band.

I have lost count of the number of times i have whipped cars and seeing the drivers faces afterwards, once i even kept up with a BOXTER S on the A31 and the owner ended up giving me a right good nod of acknowledgement. :thumbsup: CTS is one of the best kept secrets out there and it certainly deserves more credit than what it is given.

I had a blast home in mine tonight, chasing my mate in a Clio Cup, there's nothing in it, OK the car wobbles a bit at Speed and I wish it had 17" alloys but the bottom line is he couldn't drop me and i'm in comfort, quiet and getting better MPG... :thumbsup:

I had a blast home in mine tonight, chasing my mate in a Clio Cup, there's nothing in it, OK the car wobbles a bit at Speed and I wish it had 17" alloys but the bottom line is he couldn't drop me and i'm in comfort, quiet and getting better MPG... :thumbsup:

Dont we all thinks its a shame that the press only road tested the tsport before it had loosened up. Its common knowledge that Toyotas take along time to get loose. Add to this how little the modifications are that transform the car (removing the snorkel etc)

Mine also has factory fitted sat nav and black leather, I wouldnt dream of getting rid of mine,just like ot find a clio cup to play with as keeping up with the civic is getting a bit boring!

Thats what i love about the T Sport Corolla not everyone and there da has one, i love the fact some people just think its a corolla its hilarious when they get shown the road lol. The press can think what they like their a bunch of idiots. As long as we love our T Sports who cares what the press think.

It is annoying how the CTR gets good press about tourque and power yet the CTS donst and they arnt that much diff, in fact the Tsport would give a CTR a very close run on the straight and its 1.8.

Perosnely I like the idea of people thinkg its a corolla, keeps car safe and i fun leaving them behind

• 2 weeks later...

mine dont half give out a right grunt at 4000rpm thanks to the sus blitz kit. just as your leaving things behind. :D

they must think :o thats not a corolla :wacko:

Basically you only need torque for pulling, or accelerating at low RPM.

If that's the case get a diesel, e.g. Corolla Verso 2.2D, it's got bags of torque.

If you want speed, who needs torque, the kick gives all the power you need as long as you use your gears well.