Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Button For The Boot!

Moley

Yeah same, Ive had the car a year in March... and all of a sudden it starts sticking

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moley

• BadBoyVTEC

• sullsims

• Jan van de Wouw

Well as soon as I got my Aygo I put the ground for my subwoofer on the bolt for the boot lock therefore maybe adjusting it slightly to my advantage.

What are you all doing to your buttons? Mine hasn't stuck yet.

Heh, my thoughts exactly. Except, now after 10 months, mine started too. I have small fingers though, I can easily reach and pull it back myself. I'll go back to the dealer when it's really annoying me.

At our place if the button sticks and the car is still in warranty then the button is changed for a new one....simple.

If your button is sticking just take it to your local Toyota Dealership.

I dont think it really needs a recall as its not really a dangerous problem, its just very annoying :)

Mart

I've had mine for just over 11months and I got the same problem... :(

Mart, you say it's not a dangerous problem but - the boot just opened up when I was parking my car into the garage! I could have had a broken boot lid.

At our place if the button sticks and the car is still in warranty then the button is changed for a new one....simple.

I dont think it really needs a recall as its not really a dangerous problem, its just very annoying :)

Mart

Can I just add that its not very safe as my problem also turned in to me being able to open the boot lid while the car was locked! I wish it was as simple as changing it but my dealership had to have the car twice to get the problem sorted and even then they admitted that they had no idea what was going on!!!

Mart

Can I just add that its not very safe as my problem also turned in to me being able to open the boot lid while the car was locked! I wish it was as simple as changing it but my dealership had to have the car twice to get the problem sorted and even then they admitted that they had no idea what was going on!!!

Do you remember the topic about Aygo's misteriously being broken into without leaving a trace? Maybe theres a problem with the catch, allowing theives easy acess to getting in?

No sticking button, but I've just found out our boot doesn't actually lock. It's a '+' with central locking. Check yours now.

Do you remember the topic about Aygo's misteriously being broken into without leaving a trace? Maybe theres a problem with the catch, allowing theives easy acess to getting in?

As per the policy of this forum I can't disclose what it was,

but I can assure you the boot wasn't the problem.

I'm sure Toyota would recall them if the security issue is much of a problem as people have made it out to be

Ease of access is not a safety critical issue so don't expect a recall.

Ours is off to the dealers this afternoon for the dodgy boot lock to be examined.

I worked out that whenever mine got stuck I just pressed the lock button on my key remote and it just popped back out - not ideal but there you go problem solved...for now....!

Its odd it sticks sometimes but not all the time - might be to do with the temperature?

Service receptionist came and looked at the car on Monday afternoon and she said straight away. "It's a sticking boot lock and not an uncommon problem". Parts were in stock yesterday.

Dropped it off this morning and job sheet says 'replace sticking boot lock'. I'll let you know how we get on.

Well as soon as I got my Aygo I put the ground for my subwoofer on the bolt for the boot lock therefore maybe adjusting it slightly to my advantage.

I did thesame and it a year now and never got stuck! it could be a tempriture problem as there you have cold weather! Here its almost always sunny ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Benchan.....

Its strange that your boot opened when putting it into your garage as all of the aygos i have dealt with require you to lift the tailgate nearly halfway manually before the struts begin to take effect and lift the tailgate.

Mart

Benchan.....

Its strange that your boot opened when putting it into your garage as all of the aygos i have dealt with require you to lift the tailgate nearly halfway manually before the struts begin to take effect and lift the tailgate.

Mart

LOL you got him there and as it just so happens the strut is quite powerful and shuts the boot with quit e abit of force unless you lower it down manually.

me again..... my courtesy car is cursed. after i went shopping and loaded everything in the boot thing i closed the lid thing and it would shut. The latch wasn't working and the button was stuck. i drove all the way home and prised the boot button open and luckily it has closed ok.

and just before that happened i was at the petrol station and filled up the tank and my car wouldn't start. i put the gears in neutral tried to start and nothing. i pressed the clutch down and nothing. the key would go in but not turn i was baffled.

well after 20mns of trying i asked a lady to help me and she started it straight away. 'the steering wheel lock was on' she said laughing! i just started laughing.

lol!

the button is sticking on my courtesy car! now i know what you have all been going on it! everytime i put summat in the boot n close it, the button sticks in and i have to pull it out! so annoying

shal i tell toyota or not?

ta lucie

the button is sticking on my courtesy car! now i know what you have all been going on it! everytime i put summat in the boot n close it, the button sticks in and i have to pull it out! so annoying

shal i tell toyota or not?

ta lucie

Well it is their car so I think you should let them know next time you speak to them

For those with a sticking boot release (i.e. nearly everyone) I have found that if you push the button in slightly but not all the way it still releases the lock mechanism but as the button is not fully depressed it doesn't stick.

Not the answer I know but might just help someone who is struggling every day.

• 1 month later...

the button on my would not release after pressing it in. foned MR T, took it in and they replaced it with a new one in 30 mins. works perfectly now. is a known problem they said.

In my experience, the best thing for keeping the boot button from sticking is ordinary white grease (aka light weight lithium soap based grease). It is waterproof and does not run off or channel away, which makes it good for long term lubrication

WD40 and silicon lubricants may work as a quick fix, but their effect is short lived and will make any remaining grease thinner

The reason I investigated the lubrication route is because I can't see the point of simply replacing the button for the boot, if it is the same design as the one being removed