Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Steering Safety Recall

duncanda

hi all. i know this thread has been running a while now but i thought you would all like to know that MR. T. and his associates are still trying to hood wink the uninformed. ;)

i recievied my steering recall notice on friday so i dully rang my local toyota happy centre to book the avensis in for the safety check,the lady on the phone was very polite and efficient but made no mention of the bottle of champers and fuel voucher that i have heard so much about on the forum pages. she was about to end the conversation so i had to ask, `` are toyota still providing fuel and a bottle of champagne``? breif silence.`` i think so you will have to remind us on the day of your visit``. :eek:

i will let you know how this ends, but most of all i owe thanks to the TOC for keeping customers informed ,keep up the good work. :thumbsup:

ps on my fifth toyota now and still find them utterly top notch on the reliabilty front. Had a nightmare 12 months when i thought an audi a4 would improve my image :rolleyes: how wrong was i, soon back behind the wheel of mr t. forget image give me an easy to drive car any time. :toast:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• duncanda

• Steve84

• mickey.j

• uumode

Hi mickey.j

Don't forget the free full valet as well!!

hi duncanda. didnt know about that one ! i am booked in for monday, so i will just see if the happy centre does the valet as well.

just goes to show how useful this site is.long may it continue :thumbsup:

Hi mickey.j

Don't forget the free full valet as well!!

hi duncanda. didnt know about that one ! i am booked in for monday, so i will just see if the happy centre does the valet as well.

just goes to show how useful this site is.long may it continue :thumbsup:

got back from mr ts happy centre today having had the steering recall. car had a wash and valet ,and i got the champers and £10 fuel in the tank.

all in all excellent service.

ps had a look at the new arius in the showroom,loks different inside any comments. :thumbsup:

I have just bought a 53 plate Avensis D4-D TSpirit (which i pick up tomorrow at 1pm) the last thing i want if for it to go back into the garage again!!

Hi Asterix187

Have a look at my post #15 in this topic for the VOSA site and call/get the garage to confirm that they've undertaken the work if required. Hopefully if its required, they'll have carried out the work before you collect it. Unfortunately you'll miss out on the petrol, valet and champagne for the inconveniece!

I have just bought a 53 plate Avensis D4-D TSpirit (which i pick up tomorrow at 1pm) the last thing i want if for it to go back into the garage again!!

dont be silly its a toyota they never ever go wrong do they!! :yes:

enjoy your new motor and relish in the fact it is still the best out there. :toast:

• 2 weeks later...

Just got my car back Thurlow Nunn Toyota of St.Ives Cambridgeshire after going in for the steering recall.

Excellent service and got all the goodies thrown in. £10 fuel, wash valet and hoover plus bottle of champagne.

• 1 month later...

I love this site!

After reading this thread, I rang my local dealer to ask why I was given nothing after the recall had been completed.

Lots of apologies and 'don't understand how that happened' etc, and will be made up when the car is in again for more warranty work tomorrow.

Obviously keeping it to one side for themselves!

Pity the car has turned out to be a bit of a lemon though!

Is the 2.0 diesel affected?

No its not. That uses hydrolic power steering. Its only the 1.8's that use electronic power steering that are affcted. I had mine recalled in december had work done but no free fuel or anything.

Is the 2.0 diesel affected?

No its not. That uses hydrolic power steering. Its only the 1.8's that use electronic power steering that are affcted. I had mine recalled in december had work done but no free fuel or anything.

Thanks

• 1 year later...