Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Calling All Soarer Owners.

Uncle Bob

Hi guys/gals,

I seem to spend most of my time involved with the www.celica club.co.uk, but as of late ,i've started to show an intrest in the Toyota /Lexus Soarer.

Over the last coupe of weeks i have been collecting information about the various models and engine types, just to find out, that on opening my subscribed copy of Japanese Performance Magazine this morning, that there's an article on 'Buying a Soarer "

The model i have chosen, seems to be is the unloved and not spoken about much model ,the 3.0GT, this could well be that fact it has a very fast smaller brother, and a fully loading bigger brother.

I have selected this model as i don't want a turbo car or a 4.0 V8 monster, so do i take it its the 3.0 engine from the supra ?,and its neither fast or slow (my present car is a 1998 1.8SR celica, so i'm use to a slow 0-60 :) ).

Having taken in all the information over the last couple of weeks, one question needs to be answered, when the car is SVA converted do they convert the digital speedo to not only show MPH but also allow the odometer to work in miles not Kilometres, also the models i find on Auto Trader and other sites, don't seem to have a SVA style fog light on the back, do i take it the Soarer have them built in , or do the SVA boys convert an inner pair of brake light to do the job,

Hope my questions make sense and look forward to some helpful advice,.

Bob.

The 3.0 Soarer is unloved because its neither one or another. They're hard to sell on...

www.toyotaimportsforum.co.uk is the established Soarer hang-out.

bob

i always suggest to any body thinking of getting a soarer to thourouly investigate the soarers owners siteand all the links there in , nothing seems to be happening on there at the moment but its worth a visit

there are no external fog lights on my soarer all built in but don't ask me how

also the speedo is in mph but the trips are in kph

you might try the american soarer or toyota sites they seem to like 3 ltrs but then they supercharge them turbocharge them and stick nitros oxide where air is supposed to go so why not have a big lazy v8 that goes without breaking . and very comfortable

or a tt that was designed to do what it does well

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links