Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cel Previa!

mobeyone

:angry2:

I deceided to start a new thread about my... yes you guessed it membership to the previa enginemanagement light club.

On my way back from scotland today and the light pops on! Just turned 41k miles. Bought the car on 28k iirc, just had its 40k service......

I will be on the phone on monday, rang today but service was closed.

What do I need to do? All help and advice would be appreciated!

Car has three months warranty left (give or take 1 month). Should I go in and say the obvious or should I let them diagnose first? and then wait for the explanation and then say that this model has a known issue with the cat...

TIA

m

:angry2:

I deceided to start a new thread about my... yes you guessed it membership to the previa enginemanagement light club.

On my way back from scotland today and the light pops on! Just turned 41k miles. Bought the car on 28k iirc, just had its 40k service......

I will be on the phone on monday, rang today but service was closed.

What do I need to do? All help and advice would be appreciated!

Car has three months warranty left (give or take 1 month). Should I go in and say the obvious or should I let them diagnose first? and then wait for the explanation and then say that this model has a known issue with the cat...

TIA

m

Sorry for not replying sooner. I didn't know what CEL stood for.

I've replied on the other thread, but if I was you I would come clean, direct them to this site and get them to do all the work quick before your warranty runs out!!!!!

Let me know how you get on.

Paul

Cheers for the reply Paul!

But, the light has gone off! I filled up in tescos and was in sctoland for the day when the light came on...

When i refilled, the light came off! and has not been on since but i refilled at Shell this time....

Coudl it have been the petrol?

I presume that yours is a new shape previa. Have you been contacted by Toyota for the recall yet??? If not contact your local dealers.

It involves the ignition coil packs and ive also been told the exhaust sensors too. If you do the recall, it may solve your problem. I believe its all FREE aswell!

I presume that yours is a new shape previa. Have you been contacted by Toyota for the recall yet??? If not contact your local dealers.

It involves the ignition coil packs and ive also been told the exhaust sensors too. If you do the recall, it may solve your problem. I believe its all FREE aswell!

It is the new shape - uk spec aswell.

Hmm, I will call tomorrow and see what they have to say.

Shoudl be free.... seeing how they sold the car to me as new!!

what year is yours? im surprised they didnt write to you directly especially if youve owned it from new. It was Toyota GB who wrote to me about it.

It is the new shape - uk spec aswell.

Hmm, I will call tomorrow and see what they have to say.

Shoudl be free.... seeing how they sold the car to me as new!!

I couldn't find anything about any recalls for the Previa on the AA recall website. Let us know if there is one?

Ill see if i can find the recall letter and scan it for yous to view. Youre best bet is a quick phone call to Toyota GB Customer Service but i dont have the number handy. I rang them cos i knew i would have difficulty in getting my local dealers to work on the car. They sorted something out for me.

Ill see if i can find the recall letter and scan it for yous to view. Youre best bet is a quick phone call to Toyota GB Customer Service but i dont have the number handy. I rang them cos i knew i would have difficulty in getting my local dealers to work on the car. They sorted something out for me.

I just called Toyota GB service as you suggested, and apparently the Ignition Pack recall applies to 99-2000 model years, hence I why I didn't get a letter. They were at pains to inform me that if a recall applied to my car then they used the DVLA registration details to inform all owners by recorded delivery letter. In fact they told me this twice :)

ah i see, so it just applies to the first batch of dodgy previas then :D

good job im getting rid of mine. fancy some lowering springs? got some nice H&R ones hardly used!

ah i see, so it just applies to the first batch of dodgy previas then :D

good job im getting rid of mine. fancy some lowering springs? got some nice H&R ones hardly used!

I am!!! just bought some 18s so need to close those awful arches!

How much?

• 2 weeks later...