Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I'm New - Mr2 Mark3

Roy f

Recently bought a MRS and I love it. It has a K&N air filter and a apex exhaust, but I want more power. Does anyone know of any good products on the market and more importantly is anyone using them?

Oh yeah I have fitted 17 alloys. I very occationally get scrubing between the tyre and arch when I go over a big bump at speed. I was thinking of fitting uprated springs and droping it, has anyone done this and if so does it cause any problems with 17's?

Oh yeah I was also considering a body kit, but don't want to spend a fortune on somthing as extreme as the veilside kit, any ideas?

I have lowered and uprated suspension along with 17's.... no probs here mate.

True, but if you read the post, Roy has an MRS - not a MK2 - different cars. Roy not sure mate, maybe someone else knows.....

Well chap,

your not alone iam new too. got a mrt and cant seem to even get a manual for it!!! its an imported car which iam told makes it all the worse.

Got any ideas where i might get 1 from?

hope you can help

vic.

Recently bought a MRS and I love it. It has a K&N air filter and a apex exhaust, but I want more power.

A sub question for you

what model of K&N air filter have you got on it as I cant find the one to fit the MR2 mk3

cheers :D

what year is the MRS? I thought 17" should fit nicely... heck TTE even offers 18" for MRS, what tires do you have on?

Recently bought a MRS and I love it. It has a K&N air filter and a apex exhaust, but I want more power. Does anyone know of any good products on the market and more importantly is anyone using them?

Oh yeah I have fitted 17 alloys. I very occationally get scrubing between the tyre and arch when I go over a big bump at speed. I was thinking of fitting uprated springs and droping it, has anyone done this and if so does it cause any problems with 17's?

For more power in the MK3 there are couple of options,

Firstly there is the Exhaust, which you have already attended to with the Apex'i, but there is also the option of replacing the manifold and cat, with something the the TRD unit, which removes the two small catalysts in the manifold, or something like the PPE header and high flow cat, which replaces all three cats and releases a few more horses at the same time.

Secondly there is the Unichip, which with a skilled tuner can liberate a few horespower without any mechanical modifications at all. one owner on MR2-ROC managed to get something in the region of 165-170 bhp with just an apex'i intake and the unichip. Look here for more details Unichip

Thirdly there is the turbo option, which is a very good way to get big power, at the expense of warranties, clutches, tyres and lots of money, search on the website above for more details.

As for your 17"s, What size tyres are you running, and is the offset correct? Assuming you dont have mad tyres on, then the offset of the wheels may be wrong, in which case you will have totally buggered your handling. The Mk3 is particularly sensitive to such things. Try putting the 15's back on and see what the difference is in the feel of the car, and I doubt you'd go back to 17's...