Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

The Best Tyres - Avensis

RobJ1

What are THE BEST tyres for X-reg Avensis 2.0 VVTI.

Size 205/55/16 rated V (I think)

I want the best handeling in wet and dry.

Cost, noise, wear etc... not an issue.

Thanks

Rob

I like the Hankook Ventus Prime k105's, the K406's are also good!

Good wet and dry grip :)

Taxi drivers like em, plus the k105 mentioned are near top of range for Hankook and still come in at around £50 odd quid!

What are THE BEST tyres for X-reg Avensis 2.0 VVTI.

Size 205/55/16 rated V (I think)

I want the best handeling in wet and dry.

Cost, noise, wear etc... not an issue.

Thanks

Rob

goodyear eagle f1s. they are directional and very good in the wet. i would recommend them or any directional high performance tyre with a similar pattern.

they are reasonably priced as well.

Bridgestone do a high performance tyre. re-01r i think. supposed to be good.

I'm dissapointed in Goodyear Eagle tires, the grips wasn't that good. The new Bridgestone RE-050A is the best Bridgestone tire available now. S-03 would be even better but they don't make them anymore.

I had Bridgestone S03 pole positions on a previous car and can confirm that they were very sticky in both dry and wet. My current car has Dunlop SP3000a tyres on as OEM and although they are coming to the end of their useful life (tread < 3mm) they are still very good tyres and will probably be replaced with another set of the same.

I'm dissapointed in Goodyear Eagle tires, the grips wasn't that good. The new Bridgestone RE-050A is the best Bridgestone tire available now. S-03 would be even better but they don't make them anymore.

I have been warned off the Goodyear Eagle, apparently great in the summer months but if the temps fall anywhere near zero they have NO grip !!

I will get the RE-050A I think. Look like a good tyre.

I have been warned off the Goodyear Eagle, apparently great in the summer months but if the temps fall anywhere near zero they have NO grip !!

Do you know anyone who stocks these tyres? LOL

What do you think of Dunlop Sports SP01

Or

Michelin Pilot Primacy G1

Although I dont have an Avensis, I do have Eagle F1 GSD3s.... Cannot recommend them enough!! Unbelievable grip wet or dry - although dont think they are going to last very long - a trade-off for getting grip though :thumbsup:

Do you know anyone who stocks these tyres? LOL

What do you think of Dunlop Sports SP01

Or

Michelin Pilot Primacy G1

My local tyre shop shas RE-050A on stock... but in Finland :D

i agree jones 32. the eagles are great although i dont have them on my avensis. i have the er300s on there.

loads of places stock the eagles. just search online.

I had conti premium contacts on all 4 wheel and they were fantastic for grip in all weather - problem was that they did not last very long with my driving.

So far on my Avensis I've only had the SP3000a but on my previous civic I got through quite a collection so here goes:

Bridgestone Potenza RE-30: Average grip (but a bit skittish at the rear) but quite long lasting.

Dunlop SP200: Soft, good grip (wet and dry) but only lasted about 10000 miles.

Pirelli P3000: Average grip, not so skittish, but lacking steering responsivenes (more flexing in the sidwalls?).

Bridgestone Potenza S-03 Pole Position: The best of the bunch. As I said in my earlier post - lots of grip, comfy ride and quiet.

Just don't get any Ling Longs!!

http://planetsoarer.com/06tyre/index.htm

Thanks for this guys, I am going for the F1's after all.

Just one more question, speed rating. Does it hurt going for a much higher speed rating. I am only asking as I have seen a deal on some F1's but they are speed rated Z.

Thanks again

Just one more question, speed rating. Does it hurt going for a much higher speed rating. I am only asking as I have seen a deal on some F1's but they are speed rated Z.

Thanks again

Doesn't matter at all. From what i understand the higher speed rated tyres have thicker tyre walls, so certainly not detrimental to your car. z rated are therefore usually dearer than lower rated equivalent tyres, but you can get some cracking deals on F1's. Bear in mind however that 205's will cause slightly more road noise and less fuel consumption that 195's, albeit a small amount. Sometimes the slightly thinner tyre can give better handling.

Thanks again

Doesn't matter at all. From what i understand the higher speed rated tyres have thicker tyre walls, so certainly not detrimental to your car. z rated are therefore usually dearer than lower rated equivalent tyres, but you can get some cracking deals on F1's. Bear in mind however that 205's will cause slightly more road noise and less fuel consumption that 195's, albeit a small amount. Sometimes the slightly thinner tyre can give better handling.

Thanks for that info, I know about the width issues but for my car the 205's are the standard tyre. I dont want to go thinner then the recomended tyre.

Thanks again, F1's ordered :-)

Thanks again

Thanks for that info, I know about the width issues but for my car the 205's are the standard tyre. I dont want to go thinner then the recomended tyre.

Thanks again, F1's ordered :-)

Changed my mind, changed my order to Dunlop SP Sports Maxx, got a good review in the link above.

Changed my mind, changed my order to Dunlop SP Sports Maxx, got a good review in the link above.

I would just like to add that these tyres are excelent, the old tyres we had were Dunlop 2000e's and had 3-4mm of tread left and were terrible in comparison. I know any tyre with 9mm grip was going to be better but these are really really great.

Its my wifes car and she is Very happy with the choise so I would just like to thank all you guys with the help on this one.

Thanks again

Rob

• 2 years later...

Hi everyone!

My Dec. 2005 Avensis 1.8 is in need of new tyres (still on original 205/55/16 Michelin Pilot Primacys). Any recommendations for mainly dry / hot weather driving here in Cyprus?

I am after quality 16 inch tyres that may also help the car´s bahaviour while going thru numerous pot-holed roads and dirt tracks.. especially felt by the rear-seat passengers :unsure:

Thanx,

John

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links