Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gen 7 Tyres (17'' Wheels

Rich_Hodgetts

I need a new set of front tyres for my Gen 7 140 and I wan't to go with something a little cheaper than the P Zero's it has all round at the moment.

Can aybody suggest a good - mid price replacement tyre?

205/45/ZR17 88W

Thanks

Rich

The P-Zero's, personal opinion, are a bit rubbish, so quite right to get rid of them. And at £120-ish a corner, defiantely not worth it.

I think most of us are on Good Year Eagle F1's, or Toyo T1-R's. Should be about £70 a corner and both will wipe the floor with the Pirelli's. :thumbsup:

Oh, and first post, welcome along chap!

I think most of us are on Good Year Eagle F1's, or Toyo T1-R's. Should be about £70 a corner and both will wipe the floor with the Pirelli's. :thumbsup:

From where? I find them for about £90-£100.

From where? I find them for about £90-£100.

Toyo's - CTS Wheels and Tyres, Derby.

Eagle F1's - TBH, I don't know, I kinda guessed at that but it defiantely felt right!

You're down south mate, everything's cheaper north of Watford Gap Services! :P

Okay,

My usual local tyre dealer can offer the following.

'Matrix' Unknown tyre - £50

Toyo T1R - £100 each

Yokohama A539 - £77 each

All fully fitted prices.

Any verdict on the Yokohama's?

Thanks

Rich

Local tyre dealer says that the A539 is discontinued so none available. Goodyear don't do an Eagle F1 in 205/45/R17 and so my options are limited. I have gone for a pair of Avon ZZ3 at £66 each. They seems good value for a branded tyre and the few reviews I can find are fairly favourable. I will report back after they are fitted on Saturday.

Rich

Local tyre dealer says that the A539 is discontinued so none available. Goodyear don't do an Eagle F1 in 205/45/R17 and so my options are limited. I have gone for a pair of Avon ZZ3 at £66 each. They seems good value for a branded tyre and the few reviews I can find are fairly favourable. I will report back after they are fitted on Saturday.

Rich

since we are on the subject of tyres does anyone know what the is the widest tyre that will fit on a 7.5inch rim with out the tyres rubbing currently i am running 215/40ZR17 on my st202 and its been lowered 40mm

any help will be much appriacated :thumbsup:

No Avons available either - I have been reduced to Hankook Ventus K104 at £60 each. The shame..............

A quick update:

Have had the Hankook's on for a couple of days so far and I am reasonably pleased. They seem as grippy in the dry as the P Zero's they replaced although the front end does feel a little less surefooted (however only noticeable when weaving gently to see how they feel). In the dry they do not grip as well as the P Zero's however they are perfectly adequate and seem to be predictable.

Seeing as they are exactly half price compared the the pirelli's they replaced I reccomend them as a budget tyre!

Rich

P.S. Hankook Ventus K104 205/45/R17

Hi Q Tyres £86 ea

Bromsgrove Tyres and Exhausts £72.50

Jeffries Tyres Bromsgrove £60

If you leave nearby I and need tyres I would recomend giving Jeffries a try!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links