Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris T Sport..... Windows Steaming Up!

Claire1983

Hi, I recently brought a Yaris T Sport (about 3wks ago) but in the last week every time i have gone to the car the windows have been steamed up, mainly the front ones. (before anyone ask's, no i wasnt doing anything in there to get them steamed up!!!)

I have checked around the windows/sunroof and there doesnt seem to be a problem there.

Is this a common fault or is anything prone to leak that would cause this?

Any help would be greatful, and thanks for reading.

Claire

lol hmmmm :P

there probs will be a leak sumwhere if they are steamin up real bad..... get sum1 to check them out for you as thats all it could be really.

S.

Has it got any modifications like a sub? as when i put mine, i ran a cable through the gromet in engine bay and the windows steamed up! but then i closed off the gromet in the engine bay and it doesnt do it anymore :)

every time i have gone to the car the windows have been steamed up,

Any help would be greatful

Claire

Put your air con on, the windows will be clear in seconds :thumbsup:

Has it got any modifications like a sub? as when i put mine, i ran a cable through the gromet in engine bay and the windows steamed up! but then i closed off the gromet in the engine bay and it doesnt do it anymore :)

No, havnt made any mod's. Thanks for the responce anyway.

Mine had ice on the inside of the windscreen last week. I must have water coming in somewhere but I've no idea where! :(

lol i have this problem, have done from the car was new. Doesnt seem to be leaking anywhere.. Flipping thing is always steamed up!! lol. As someone said flick button off recirculating the air.

Put your air con on, the windows will be clear in seconds :thumbsup:

my ex says that but as soon as you turn the air/con off it steams up just as quick as it de-misted

get some anti misting wipes from halfrauds or something and give it a good rub

Anti-Fog spray ;) Just make sure it all dries on the screen then it should be fine :thumbsup:

I get a patch of condensation/ice on the front windscreen when I leave the fan on the windscreen setting, that leaves the vents open & the "moisture" travels up & forms a patch on the windscreen. I always make an effort to leave the vents on forward facing setting and turn the actual fan off too (on the number dial I mean) too. Never have a problem that way.

Many thanks for all your replies. Have just checked my pollen filter and it was black, tried to clean it and it fell apart!! Went to Halfords and was told they would order one in (coopers size 76) for almost £14, so rang Parts Line Tel: 01284 750070 they deliver to Suffolk/Norfolk area and cost me under £9.

If anyone does live in the area they sell all kinds of car stuff, i ordered at 9:30 this morning and was at my door at 10:15.

Thanks again for all you help.