Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Previa Differances

titchie82

how do you tell the differance betreen a uk one and a import just i need a uk one in a manual mainly cause of insurance i know the numbert plates will be differant but any one can change them :help::help::help::help::help::help::help:

Phone the dealers with the chassis number - they should be able to confirm.

You can usually tell on the looks - i find imports to be a littly ugly in comparison to the UK version.

if its a diesel then its an import. any ones with square number plates plus they are sometimes a little narrower then a uk previa.

also if its called an estima or lucida then its also an import. and the dashboard is a different shape. they dont have the large bulge in the centre of the dash where the heater controls and radio sit if its an import.

hope this helps

think it helps seen some in garages to get a feel for what there like but they all seem to be imports by what your saying but there asking 3k for 150k miles plus and the body looks shot scrapes marks dents all over not to mention an auto and i need a manual looks like itll be auto trader :crybaby: for a uk one :clap:

think it helps seen some in garages to get a feel for what there like but they all seem to be imports by what your saying but there asking 3k for 150k miles plus and the body looks shot scrapes marks dents all over not to mention an auto and i need a manual looks like itll be auto trader :crybaby: for a uk one :clap:

i paid £2800 for my uk spec 94 previa with 69,000 on the clock. only needed a new radiator and an alternator and so far its been as good as gold

i ve seen ones for 1k do you think there worth looking at oviously taking time to check it out fully just three grand is stretching it and its either that or a renault senic amd i hate french cars :artist::nono: the only good thing is the duty free, so no pacasso dont like serenas cause its a van :blink: and fords are sh*t :yucky:

An Estima is the import version of the UK Previa, same body and only done in petrol versions. There might be differences inside but I'm not sure on that. Then there are the Estima Lucida and Estima Emina which are also imports, but diesels, plus they are narrower in the body and slightly shorter. If you've any doubts on which is which the narrower cars have flared front arches. Unfortunately not many are seen in manual trim - although they are around, just harder to get. I think there are more manuals in the Previa and Estima full size bodies than in the diesels. You should be able to get an early model for a lot less than 3 grand but obviously mileage would be a bit higher, and if you can get anywhere near the 3k mark I would expect that you would have a good choice of good condition cars with reasonable mileage on them.

thanks for the info but 3k will be pushing it could do with the size but might have to settle with a spacestar or premacy and never go on holiday although i have seen some nice body kits for the premacy :drool:

Have you thought about a Townace? They are 8 seaters if I remember with a 2.2TD engine, and I think you could still find a few in good nick, especially if you want to try importing one from Japan. Prices should be good too.

cant get away with the looks looks very dated to me so im stumped i even looked at a delica but the missus dont like it as she says its a van on stilts :!Removed!: she fancys a senic :yawn: im trying to get her on to jap cars :yahoo:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links