Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Can You Tune Oil Burners

titchie82

Yup chipped using the diesel tuning box designed for the mini that's on eBay! the oil burners will be along soon to tell you the full details but yeah there's that and also you can get an airfilter from somewhere (being useless i can only remember it is blue :P) But yeah there is the basics saying yes and the rest will fill you in properly! If you search for diesel tuning box im sure you will find a few posts!

Chipping it is the best way for any diesel :D !

You can get upto an extra 35BHP with just a chip on some models and I assume there would be a similar BHP increase with the 1l yaris.

All the chip does is adjust the fuel to air ratio giving you more power :D ! You can even have an on/off switch for performance/ecomony mode if you like :thumbsup: !

So if you have decided on chipping it you can either buy the TTE chip (Toyota part so it wont invalidate your warranty) for around £800

Or

You can buy EXACTLY the same chip with just a different name on it for half of what Toyota are asking.

I can't wait till i'm 25 because my insurance would kill me if I chipped mine ...... so i've got to live without for a while :( !

Yeah. Jetex Air filter also makes a difference for very little outlay. Over 30k miles on mine and its working a treat.

You'll also find that (almost) all the handling mods that fit on other Yari will also fit on the D-4Ds so you can easliy make it faster by lessening its need to slow in the first place :D

The tuning box from the bloke in e-bay works a treat too. I've done about 15k on mine with no issues at all. And that includes a trip to the 'Ring! :thumbsup:

A

edit: only trouble is stopping the wheels spinning like I'm some sort of boy racer when I come out of junctions in the wet. Yes, even downhill ones ;)