Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Bad Luck? That's An Understatement!

Blue84

Hey All,

We've been having a bit of a bad two weeks so far - Dad had his Skoda broken into & the Snooper stolen from it, my Budgie died without any warning, another Family Member lost a pair of glasses worth £100 last week, scraped the Yaris on a pillar - luckily only causing some scratches & not any dents (phew :rolleyes:).

Then, today Dad gets in from work & we have no water. So he does a bit of investigation as he works on Central Heating systems & plumbing systems daily. Can't find any problem, waterboard come out within an hour & theres a big leak between the mains on the opposite side of the road & the stopc o c k in the front garden, so tomorrow morning at 8.30 the road will have to be dug up! We now have absolutely no water to wash with, flush the loo or anything. We do have bottled water to drink, but it's made me realise how much we take it for granted when it's just there until you have to do without it.

So, I hope no-one has had such a bad week as we have here...but I'm seeing the funny side of it, shame the Parents arent! :unsure:

I had a leak, 7 hours of hot water flowing out! When I got home all the fire alarms were going off, and it was like a sauna!!!

but on the brightside I got a new kitchen and my Celica along with a 42 inch plasma on top of everything else we replaced - talk about a silver lining!

hope everything get better - mind you it could not get much worse! lol

As some useless band once sang: Things can only get better. Just remember it'll all be a distant memory soon.

i have had some bad luck to.

just got out of hospital. 2 operations in 5 weeks feeling abit sore. never been in hospital or anything. in 34 years. think someones paying me back. :(

cars back to being sat on the drive :(

shall we all get together and cry into a pint :D :drool:

oh still on anti bionics :( cant drink :crybaby:

just got out of hospital. 2 operations in 5 weeks feeling abit sore. never been in hospital or anything. in 34 years. think someones paying me back. :(

Just so you know, antibiotics still work if you drink in moderation!!!

We now have absolutely no water to wash with, flush the loo or anything. We do have bottled water to drink, but it's made me realise how much we take it for granted when it's just there until you have to do without it.

I once had no water for 6 days (OK I lie we had the tank on the roof which is enough for about day in normal conditions and 2-3 if you're very careful). Living in Cyprus you learn to cope with not having any water...

Just so you know, antibiotics still work if you drink in moderation!!!

i am a moderate person :thumbsup:

Hope its nothing too serious mate and you're on the road to a full recovery :thumbsup:

Sometimes when things get me down and I think life sucks, I just think of people who are less fortunate than myself and it makes me thankful for the life I have - like you said T, you realise you take stuff like water for granted, some people in the developing world still dont have access to clean water, let alone a supply on tap constantly that you can pretty much guarantee is clean and safe to drink.

In a way we are all very lucky. :yes:

Well when the anti-b's are over with enjoy that pint :) I'm a fan of Morgans Spiced Rum along with a good few other TOC'ers (they know who they are :lol:).

Thankfully the waterboard sorted it out today, nice new tarmac patch on the road outside which sticks out like a sore thumb but it's good to be able to have a proper wash again! :yes:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links